WAECO Repairs

ozne

Does anyone have a contact for someone that is willing / can repair a WAECO Fridge. Intermittent issue with starting. Latrobe Valley area.

darb

Nope sorry as I'm in WA, but what model - and what precisely is the symptom?

- Does it do it on AC?
- Have you tried a different Plug and Lead? (I've had a bad ciggy connection plug give me hideous issues usually when the fridge first started and pulled extra amps)
- Have you tried it on a different 12v source
- Have you tried it while engine is running (thus ruling out / helping to diagnose any huge volt drop occuring due to a pinched lead or bad plug fitting that causes heat / volt drop)
-- Anything getting hot?
-- THrowing error lights at you? if so - what ar ethey?

ozne

Does it do it on AC? - YES
- Have you tried a different Plug and Lead? (I've had a bad ciggy connection plug give me hideous issues usually when the fridge first started and pulled extra amps) Purchased a new lead and also plugged into both vehicle outlets
- Have you tried it on a different 12v source Mates car same result
- Have you tried it while engine is running (thus ruling out / helping to diagnose any huge volt drop occurring due to a pinched lead or bad plug fitting that causes heat / volt drop)
-- Anything getting hot?
-- Throwing error lights at you? if so - what are they? It's an old fridge before LED display - 19 years old 65 ltr

darb

wow ok so it doesn't have any LED lights at all? Pre CF series then

Given it does it on AC - I'd say something is up (rather than DC issue).

What's it actually doing ?

ozne

It wants to start, I can hear it kick over and the fan starts for 2 or 3 seconds then stops and tries again. It will do that three or four times and then start up. When temperature is reached it shuts down ok, however start up again is a 50/50 chance.

Not to bad this long weekend because it was actually colder inside the fridge than outside, heaps of snow in the High Country.

darb

OK see if you can open the lid on compressor hall and replace the thermistor fan ... that's about the only easy fix. Even if the fan runs, someitmes when the fan is on its way out it'll cause it to error out frequently as the PCB detects too much resistance or overvoltage / undervoltage of the fan and shuts off.

Beyond that, no idea .. you either need to get some diags from it, or a fridgey start investigating. Maybe low refridgerant

ozne

Thanks Darb, will look at it and see how easy access is. From memory I think it is all pop riveted together.

ozne

You make it sound like antique.
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG

Swaggie

I'll have a stab here ,I think it could be a good chance it's the connection from your lead plugin back into the fridge....

See if you can get 12 volt power straight into the fridge by pass the plug......

ozne

Tried that, constant voltage at the back of the plug even when the fridge is trying to start. Need a fridge guy to check out internal, as I think I have any outer voltage and connection issues tested

Swaggie

Coolfactor Braeside

Just be aware he only has a 4-6 week warranty ...Anything after that you’ll have to pay a $90 service fee again upfront ,only found this out recently....