Change background image

wa trip for 2019

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by richardmcgowan, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. richardmcgowan

richardmcgowan New Member

Hi All,
    New to this site but I thought I`d put it out there and see if anyone is interested.
    I have a fully fitted out 4x4 and have a lot of experience 4 W Driving and usually just my wife and I go on our own but of cause this means you could get yourself into trouble so....We are in the middle of planing our next trip to cover quite a bit of WA and on up to the Kimberlys for aproxament 2 months starting in July 2019.
    Richard

2. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

Trust me you will be hard pressed to find many places where you are so remote you will be in trouble if something happens unless you want to drive the CSR.
    The Kimberly is crowded to say the least.
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy your trip

3. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

Welcome.
    As Matt said, unless you're planning on going inland WA like CSR and Talawana Track you will NOT be alone lol especially at that time of year. My daughter and I had a saying for up there.... Britz give us the Sh##s..... you'll understand that once you get there.
    It is nice so take your time and enjoy it.

discomatt likes this.
  4. Burgo650

Burgo650 New Member

I'm jealous already, have fun

5. richardmcgowan

richardmcgowan New Member

thanks for the replies, have done the CSR twice about 25 years ago and also Kimberlys, but intend to do some inland tracks as well, any suggestions.

6. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

welcome to earth Richard, hope you have a great trip

7. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

Welcome to the forum mate,

Here's some of my favourites:

Steep Point and Dirk Hartog Island
    Francois Peron National Park
    Coral Bay/Gnaraloo Station
    Cleaverville
    Karijini