W/End at Burra Gorge S.A.

LowLux

G'day team. Just thought I'd throw in a few pics of the weekend trip to Burra Gorge with the club. We had a few members go and a few guests, all up about 10 vehicles. It was a great weekend with both easy and intermediate drives and some demonstrations on winching with hand winches. Nothing like a weekend with good food, good drink and good company.
Enjoy the pics

Last edited:

LowLux

And some more.

Here are a few more of a nice relaxing time up there.

Last edited:

LowLux

Thanks guys. Looks as though June holds 3 trips in 4 weekends for me. Gampians on the long weekend, Peake in the third weekend then Kaitpo the weekend after so I can't complain about time away I suppose.

Last edited:

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Lowlux,
What are the directions to Burra Gorge & do you need to ring/book ?? Still looking for somewhere for the June longweekend.
Wooky & Kaz

LowLux

G'day Kazz and Wooki. Burra Gorge is actually a private property and you would need to go through the property owners. I can find out details for you but won't be seeing the guy who has the info for another week or so. I can tell you that it only cost $10/vehicle/night. There is a long drop but no showers or other luxuries. You can have a fire and pretty much set up camp anywhere on the property. Good place to get away and some fun drives to go on. Bit of a maze to get around and easy to get lost because some of the places you drive to are not actual tracks so your going through creek beds and the like. I'll find out some stuff and get back to you if you like.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Marc, didn't realise it was another private property so any info would be fab.
Thinking seriously about going over for O'Tooles in November, don't know if you've been watching the thread but what are the chances of you and Trish coming, could use another couple of South Aussies amongst all those Easterners. ;)
Kaz :D

LowLux

I've been checking on the thread now and then but not really absorbing the finer details. I'd love to go over there though. I'm going to check the details more closely and relay info to the minister of finances and see if she's would like to or not.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Oh my god, when did I/we go from Newbie to Contributor...... :cool:
I really hadn't noticed my post numbers.........I feel so honoured.......thankyou :D

Tonkatuff4x4

they are some great photo's lowlux, i have been reading the other post and wouldn't mind checking out the place. alway's up for a new adventure.

LowLux

Tonkatuff4x4. I'm sure that between us and Ekki Adventures, we could get some good trips happening. Where abouts in Adelaide are you?

Poolman84

If you need I am up for a run just about any weekend for a daytrip! always can use extra hand pulling your big tanks thru the obstacles!