Video - Tom Groggin - Mt Pinnibar - Wheelers Hut

stevemc181

Nice video, thanks for taking the time to share it, brought back some good memories from a few years ago when the Missus and I went from Tom Groggin to Wheelers hut via Mt Pinnibar. It took us a full day to do as we had quite a bit of tree clearing to do along the way.

Great video, I love that you guys have the skills to put together a great video, with sound track and state clearly, "VMS is non-intuitive". 2 great things for me from this video.

1. I'm going to keep using my paper maps :) (use potential VMS money for something else)
2. I'm going to keep staying out of those water filled ruts that appear on tracks as exactly what happened to the colorado is pretty much what I think would happen to my Pajero.

Thanks for sharing, definitely adding Pinnibar to my to-do list!

Lewy_88

Nice video, thanks for taking the time to share it, brought back some good memories from a few years ago when the Missus and I went from Tom Groggin to Wheelers hut via Mt Pinnibar. It took us a full day to do as we had quite a bit of tree clearing to do along the way.
Yeah that would have made for a loooong day! Such a nice area. I was surprised at how many campgrounds are out there! Part 2 is in the works, we continued on to Poplars campground, and broke two rear bars in a creek crossing.

Lewy_88

Great video, I love that you guys have the skills to put together a great video, with sound track and state clearly, "VMS is non-intuitive". 2 great things for me from this video.

1. I'm going to keep using my paper maps :) (use potential VMS money for something else)
2. I'm going to keep staying out of those water filled ruts that appear on tracks as exactly what happened to the colorado is pretty much what I think would happen to my Pajero.

Thanks for sharing, definitely adding Pinnibar to my to-do list!

Good move. Google 'Offline' Maps isn't too bad its a feature in the Google Maps app. Paper maps do seem be the go out there. Haha yeah i thought i'd be fine when the other two went through, hmmm not the case.

Lewy_88

Thanks for the feedback everyone., appreciate it! Part two from Wheelers Creek to Poplars Campground is coming. Includes some fun in a creek crossing, shots at the campground, then a winch out of the same creek crossing the following day.