VIDEO: Otways 4WD & Camping Weekender

aidanmair

Wondering what you can see and do in the Otways/Great Ocean Road area? 4WD tracks, insane coastlines, waterfalls and camping, it's got it all. Here is our opinion of the best way to spend a weekend there.

Tracks we hit include: Old Coach Rd, Goat Track, Cowley Link Track, Curtis Track and Paddy's Swamp

I also made up the routes we took on Google Maps so you can follow along.

Day 1 - https://goo.gl/maps/Wwafb2Z4oyr

Day 2 - https://goo.gl/maps/rEjJChKWzen

VIDEO:

discomatt

Nice video in a great area I haven't done a lot of wheeling in, will have to get down there sooner rather than later.
Its a shame your mate couldn't drive to save his life though, no need for ripping the crap out of the tracks...
Don't take it the wrong way but any decent driver could drive those tracks in the dry with 2 inch lift and 32's - 33's without spinning a wheel,
just saying...

aidanmair

Nice video in a great area I haven't done a lot of wheeling in, will have to get down there sooner rather than later.
Its a shame your mate couldn't drive to save his life though, no need for ripping the crap out of the tracks...
Don't take it the wrong way but any decent driver could drive those tracks in the dry with 2 inch lift and 32's - 33's without spinning a wheel,
just saying...

Yep cool vid and lovely area.
What Matt said about your mate.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it.

I'd like to defend his driving ability, quite the capable driver, but yes, tends to gets carried away with the noise pedal.. haha

Last edited:
Great share, did the Old Coach Rd myself back in january, nice little track. Didn't have time to do much else, definitely want to revisit the otways so some good tips from your trip.

Had the opportunity to revisit the Old Coach Rd myself last weekend. Can only say was much more challenging than when I hit it in Jan and very different to your video from March. Had some massive erosion gullys and large steps not to mention a big bog hole at the Moonlight Head end.

aidanmair

Had the opportunity to revisit the Old Coach Rd myself last weekend. Can only say was much more challenging than when I hit it in Jan and very different to your video from March. Had some massive erosion gullys and large steps not to mention a big bog hole at the Moonlight Head end.
Oh right, yeah I recon I have seen it like that, really changes with the seasons. Sounds like it was even more fun :)