Victoria - COVID 19, What a bloody mess.

discomatt

I am more interested in the life and safety of my Sister in law, other residents and the health workers busting their guts there everyday.
So you went and got a covid test before visiting I assume the same as all health workers must be tested when diected

discomatt

How out of touch is Dan ???
He postponed possible the most important and awaited press conference ever because he didn't want it to clash with a net ball final in Victoria but instead will do it at the start time of Bathhurst which has millions of viewers not only in Australia but world wide.
What a wanker

callmejoe

How out of touch is Dan ???
He postponed possible the most important and awaited press conference ever because he didn't want it to clash with a net ball final in Victoria but instead will do it at the start time of Bathhurst which has millions of viewers not only in Australia but world wide.
What a wanker
So he's probably delaying another disappointing outcome and hoping as the Bathurst draws more attention to lesson the blow.

CaptainBanana

Yep, another 2 weeks before any significant changes,
Of course if in those two weeks the numbers go up which they probably will do due to the slightly less restrictive radius he will probably lock us down again yay

Last edited by a moderator:

discomatt

If your scared to death of the virus, stay home, do not go to work, do not go anywhere and stay in iso.
If you are not that scared but have some concern, wear your mask and bath in anti viral poison every day and limit your contacts.
If your young fit and healthy continue to live life, take precautions and get tested as soon as any symptoms arise or you know of any contact with the virus through a thorough and reliable contact tracing system.
Pretty friggen simple really

boobook

It's not that simple. What if you have health problems but have to work. Regardless of age. Those people can't just stay at home. I don't support Dan, but you can't just let anyone do as they please either.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
So you went and got a covid test before visiting I assume the same as all health workers must be tested when diected
Just an assumption on your part. I actually had a shower and put on underarm deodorant and combed my beard.
Anyway, if you don't have symptoms, answer the relevant questions, get electronic temperature test showing ok , all good to go.
Having been housebound for so long, not even going out for exercise, food and medication as well as door seal for the oven, new handle for dish washer, circular saw blade, whipper snipper fuel line and spark plug, bottles of wine, etc. etc. all home delivered and all sprayed and wiped down with 100% dettol hospital grade disinfectant while wearing disposable gloves.
And who says nothing has changed. I can go and meet my kids and grand kids in a park for the first time ( they all live within 25 k's ) and the best thing is I have booked six games of golf starting 6.32 a.m. to morrow morning to start my exercise and weight reduction program. :p.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Anyway, this is the funniest thing I just heard on the radio. The supposed fifty five Kiwis who came through Sydney airport and on to Melbourne by domestic airline unbeknown to us is not quite right.
It has now been found out that around nineteen came to Vic ( been basically checked out) and wait for it, wait for it, the rest have ended up in Western Australia where they have to go into quarantine. :)
Poor Western Australia, poor premier, poor West Coast Eagles out of finals, poor West Australian Fever netball team just lost the grand final.
Melbourne Vics Vixens netball team won the finals, two Victorian teams in the footy Grand final (Vic. cant lose that) and I am hitting of 6.30 a.m. for golf in the morning.
Ah Vic. It doesn't get better than that.:cool:.

discomatt

Except for the 1000's of businesses that still aren't allowed to open and getting ever closer to the bankruptcy cliff but all good the owners will have more time for golf

discomatt

Yep and we have the insane situation where restaurants can have up to 20 inside and 50 outside so places with some cash left over are setting up pods to protect patrons from Melbourne weather.
How is a pod outside any different to inside?

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I don't know what anyone other than my extended family and friends are going through, I can only assume.
So I would rather be positive than negative, because that way I try to help my family and friends get through.
Everyone has a story.
My philosophy is.......
At the end of the day it's every man for himself and I don't blame or expect anyone else to get me through.
I know what I have done over my life to get me and my family through and that's my business, so I don't intend to tell anyone else.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Another 'kick in the guts' for Victorians with little change and the goalposts getting moved again...:mad:. Obviously, someone needs to get in a round of golf and a haircut, but for for the rest of us, excluding some relaxation for tradies, which is great, there is nothing major in it for the rest of us, and now no dates given for regional travel, whether it be for a holiday or 4wding etc. According to the original roadmap, Oct 26th was the date that we were allowed to do such stuff, including going to retail outlets. This looked more promising when the Premier said last week that a 10 odd rolling case numbers might be 'as good as it gets', but now once again this seems to have changed. I can almost accept not allowing regional travel until after the cup weekend as there would be 1000's who would go away, but then think about those owners of hotels/motels, caravan parks in regional Victoria who took bookings for that weekend on the assumption that restrictions would be eased; another 'kick in the guts' for them...:(. Now we have a bloody public holiday this Friday when 1, we dont have the Grand Final here, and 2, we still cant go anywhere...:rolleyes:.

Wouldnt it be great if NSW, and maybe SA, opened their borders to Victorians on say Nov 1; wouldnt that throw a 'cat amongst the pigeons' for those in charge down here...;).

If your scared to death of the virus, stay home, do not go to work, do not go anywhere and stay in iso.
Totally agree. I am in that so called danger group being over 60, but I want to get on with some sort of normality, take the right precautions in the process, but accept that the virus is not going to go away, unlike some here who seem to think we have to have zero cases to start living again.

boobook

So Daniel Andrews was shocked that New Zealanders turned up in Victoria.

No one from the feds told him right?
No discussions took place at the federal cabinet according to him right?
The federal government politicians are lying about telling Victoria Right?

It was a shock and a surprise with no notice.

Except for one thing. This is the Victorian Health Department's website giving New Zealanders advice and instructions on how to get to Victoria via NSW.

Unbelievable.

Travelling to Victoria from New Zealand
A trans-Tasman travel bubble is currently in place between New Zealand and parts of Australia. This allows travellers from New Zealand to arrive in New South Wales and the Northern Territory without having to quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

Currently the Victorian borders are open. If you are travelling from New Zealand and have passed all relevant immigration and biosecurity requirements as established by the Federal Government, New South Wales Government and Northern Territory Government, then you are able to travel to Victoria. You do not need to quarantine for 14 days on arrival in Victoria.

Colly18

At stuffing the state.
Not from this outsiders perspective! :)
The way I figure it is Victoria now has to undergo another 10 days or so of low numbers to justify opening things up further. (Play safe)
I'm thinking, take a deep breath, stand back and ask, "if an election was held now, would Dan Andrews be reelected?". Hmm! only something you Victorians can answer.
The media, in recent times, get nothing but negative vibes from me -carrying on relentlessly with the same questions/line of attack on your Premier, when he has clearly given a reasonable answer from Q1. IMO the media are really getting plenty of Aussies 'off-side' on this!???
Just saying!?

synchro

Except for one thing. This is the Victorian Health Department's website giving New Zealanders advice and instructions on how to get to Victoria via NSW.

Unbelievable.
That information was not up when the Kiwis first arrived and was put up later. Your mate Dan while not happy has agreed that he cannot stop them arriving.

Swaggie

So Daniel Andrews was shocked that New Zealanders turned up in Victoria.

No one from the feds told him right?
No discussions took place at the federal cabinet according to him right?
The federal government politicians are lying about telling Victoria Right?

It was a shock and a surprise with no notice.

Unbelievable.

Travelling to Victoria from New Zealand
A trans-Tasman travel bubble is currently in place between New Zealand and parts of Australia. This allows travellers from New Zealand to arrive in New South Wales and the Northern Territory without having to quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

Currently the Victorian borders are open. If you are travelling from New Zealand and have passed all relevant immigration and biosecurity requirements as established by the Federal Government, New South Wales Government and Northern Territory Government, then you are able to travel to Victoria. You do not need to quarantine for 14 days on arrival in Victoria.
Why is it UNBELIEVABLE he hasn’t accepted responsibility for anything since Covid started, It’s everyone else’s fault....:p