Vics are free to travel on the 9th

discomatt

I will have to check with him but I am sure the cut off point was just the other side of Warby, could be wrong though as I never looked into it as it was well outside my 5km prison and still outside the 25km boundary

boobook

This shows the area, including the entire Yarra Ranges Shire.

This map is right, the Yarra Ranges Shire even unsuccessfully lobbied to get half the shire excluded from Melbourne. This is the shire to give you an idea. It's a big regional area. My kid and I did a few very long drives up around there before the 5km rule come in on top of the Melbourne ring of steel.

John U

The checkpoint in Coldstream was really early on. The ring of steel came into effect while I was up in Mansfield. I guess they must've moved the check point further out.

discomatt

Yep Yarra Rangers is massive , my brother has said all up his way were / are pissed off because they are less risk , less cases , less density than Geelong but harder and longer lock down because of lines on a map, lazy governance

discomatt

We have had a massive check point in Ferntree Gully to stop knuckle heads visiting the Dandenong Rangers because its a nice spot for a pinic, they are just checking the 25km limit

CaptainBanana

Mornington has three Road blocks on the three primary roads in and if you turn off before one of those Road blocks they're also setup in the side streets. I for one am very excited to get stuck in 20 minute roadblock coming home from work watching police resources being spent harassing tourists instead of catching dangerous criminals :rolleyes:

Grippy

Man it sucks for you lot over there. Such strict lockdowns.
We've been lucky in SA, been pretty normal here, everything open and free to roam for ages, last school holidays I did the Simmo, ones before went over to Kangaroo Island, have done heaps of other small trips in between.

CaptainBanana

Man it sucks for you lot over there. Such strict lockdowns.
We've been lucky in SA, been pretty normal here, everything open and free to roam for ages, last school holidays I did the Simmo, ones before went over to Kangaroo Island, have done heaps of other small trips in between.

Careful what you say mate you might be encouraging Victorians to start moving your way.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well after an eternity of lockdown us Victorians are free to travel our beautiful state again from Monday 9th November, I’ll be leaving early Monday morning and heading up to Licola for the first night and no plans for the next week or so . Just hope another outbreak doesn’t destroy my plans :cool: , is anyone else bailing out the first day and where are you planning on going ?

Bomber, Cheryl and I had planned to head to Paradise Valley with the van on the 9th for a few days, but due to a change at work, we cannot go.. :(. Even though the announcement on the 8th should allow us to get into regional Vic again, especially with the great results of late, not convinced it will be from the 9th. Remember the last one, retail etc hoping to open the next day, but it was delayed a day or so.

No reason to do that this time. BTW, enjoy your time in Licola.

Warby

I will have to check with him but I am sure the cut off point was just the other side of Warby, could be wrong though as I never looked into it as it was well outside my 5km prison and still outside the 25km boundary

Just the other side of me ey? Well I'm in Perth, so I guess you're good to go ;)