Vics are free to travel on the 9th

Bomber2012

Well after an eternity of lockdown us Victorians are free to travel our beautiful state again from Monday 9th November, I’ll be leaving early Monday morning and heading up to Licola for the first night and no plans for the next week or so . Just hope another outbreak doesn’t destroy my plans :cool: , is anyone else bailing out the first day and where are you planning on going ?

Bomber2012

To work to try and recoup some of the lost earnings for the year:(
Heading away the following weekend for 3 days of 4wding with the lads
I was one of the lucky ones who could continue working so the lockdown didn’t financially impact me , although I do need to get up the bush for some stress/insanity relief .

discomatt

Your one of the lucky ones, I am about 11 weeks with no income and Liza has lost about 50% of her shifts because of the one workplace policy in aged care

Colly18

Son eventually made it back to Oz (Sydney) from the Middle East 2 weeks ago (on the 4th attempt after 3 flights cancelled). His work contract o/s finished July and life in a hotel o/s at his expense since. Passed quarantine and returning to life and work in Melbourne next week. Just good to have him back in Oz safe and healthy! + lucky he has a good employer wanting him back.

Bomber2012

Will feel strange being back in the high country , feel as if I’ve forgotten most of the tracks but I’m sure it will all come back whilst up there .

Reactions: phs

phs

^ it will be like you never left!

The only thing that will feel different is how busy it will be considering it’s just after a long weekend

CaptainBanana

We're off on the 20th, probably to the high country as the others in the group are only taking Friday and Monday of work. I wanted to go to Beachport but they won't have us anyway.

TimNWVic

Edit: Sorry, I made assumptions based on incorrect info (100% my fault), didn't realise Melbourne residents still had such tight restrictions. Stay safe, hope it opens up for everyone soon.

Last edited:

CaptainBanana

As a border resident that lives in VIC, works in NSW, I'm still restricted from traveling, same as before.

Can't go out of the border zone in VIC or I have to wait 14 days to get back into NSW to go to work. Can't go out of the border zone in NSW. Can't go to SA or any other state. We would be the most restricted residents in Australia at the moment. Despite having zero cases for months - our restrictions were nothing to do with the health status of our community, it was all due to the issues in Melbourne.

Yet now anyone from Melbourne can come here, but I can't go there. I know we had it comparatively pretty good when Melbourne was in lockdown but the opening of Melbourne just means longer until we lose this closed border. If we had any hope of regional VIC opening to the other states that is now gone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you guys in Melbourne that can get out, that lockdown would have been terrible. Just note that your increased freedom is potentially holding ours back. So when you visit those regional towns, make sure you support the local businesses.

I can't leave Melbourne and 12.5 km of my 25 km radius is Ocean so at this point I can only go 12 km from home.

TimNWVic

Not yet, still not allowed more than 25km from home and still restrictions on where I can go within that 25km and who I can see in that 25km radius

Oh ok, sorry. That certainly changes it, from what I'd read I thought you could go anywhere in the state. So those talking about getting back into the high country must live within 25km from there?

discomatt

The 25km limit and a few other restrictions is being removed 9 th according to the latest road map out of restrictions but that is dependent on case numbers staying low, so far so good but we will not know what this weekend does until next weekend in regards to cases.
Now it is all about case numbers and no longer deaths or stopping the hospitals being over run.
We have gone this far so I just hope we can in fact pretty much eliminate it so the whole of Australia can open up for all to travel as they want and how a free country should be, it will be a pretty crap Christmas for many families if interstate travel is still so restricted

CaptainBanana

Oh ok, sorry. That certainly changes it, from what I'd read I thought you could go anywhere in the state. So those talking about getting back into the high country must live within 25km from there?

It doesn't matter if you live 1k away if you're in Metro you still can't go to the country

discomatt

My brother in Warburton can travel 1.5km in one direction and 25 in the opposite direction , pure madness as there has never been 1 case of covid in the township

John U

Well after an eternity of lockdown us Victorians are free to travel our beautiful state again from Monday 9th November, I’ll be leaving early Monday morning and heading up to Licola for the first night and no plans for the next week or so . Just hope another outbreak doesn’t destroy my plans :cool: , is anyone else bailing out the first day and where are you planning on going ?
I got about one and half weeks in the bush in mini lift late June/early July. I wasn't taking any chances. I'm hoping the fact we are approaching summer makes a favourable difference this time. If you have the ability to get out of town on the 9th of November I'd be doing it. I'd also advise being back in Melbourne for the first weekend after the 9th. That weekend will be mental.

boobook

My brother in Warburton can travel 1.5km in one direction and 25 in the opposite direction , pure madness as there has never been 1 case of covid in the township

Interestingly not many people know that Melbourne, for the purposes of the lockdown includes all of the Yarra Shire. past Matlock (nearly to Woods Point), Powell Town, and even up to the Lake Mountain turnoff from the main Marysville to Matlock road are all inside Melbourne. If he is in Warburton he could go for a decent 4wd with that lot. It's called Melbourne up to about 45km North and East of Warby. It would have been very quiet there.

John U

Interestingly not many people know that Melbourne, for the purposes of the lockdown includes all of the Yarra Shire. past Matlock (nearly to Woods Point), Powell Town, and even up to the Lake Mountain turnoff from the main Marysville to Matlock road are all inside Melbourne. If he is in Warburton he could go for a decent 4wd with that lot. It's called Melbourne up to about 45km North and East of Warby. It would have been very quiet there.
Really? When I came back from Mansfield early July there was a large police check point set up in Coldstream (before the Melba Hwy turnoff if heading out of Melbourne). I assumed that that was where the ring of steel cut us off. Wouldn't stop anyone heading towards Warburton though.