Vic High Country - Nuniong Plains and a massive fallen tree

Lewy_88

This is the third and final part of our VHC trip. We camped in a large clearing in the Nuniong Plains area after Moscow Villa Hut was chockers. The next day was another ‘wing-it’ style route where we planned to head east until we hit Snowy River Rd…. It didn’t go to plan…

Another great video guys. Props to tackling that tree the way you did, get the triton over then help the rest.

The gate issue... I find it happens a lot in and around the high country and in southern NSW as well. In a few instances I've actually been able to determine (after the fact, when I've returned home) that it's a gazetted road (track) that runs through private property but the owners still put those signs up. Not sure anyone actually checks that stuff and it can really impact a trip.

Thanks again for another installment!

Lewy_88

Another great video guys. Props to tackling that tree the way you did, get the triton over then help the rest.

The gate issue... I find it happens a lot in and around the high country and in southern NSW as well. In a few instances I've actually been able to determine (after the fact, when I've returned home) that it's a gazetted road (track) that runs through private property but the owners still put those signs up. Not sure anyone actually checks that stuff and it can really impact a trip.

Hmm, yea similar situation here. After we got back I read another trip report on here that came from the other direction, and they mentioned passing through private property. We thought one day we'll try come in from the other side on Seldom Seen Trk and then on to Mundys Plain Trk. We chose to turn back this day and it made for an extremely long Sunday.

Swaggie

That's how I read it, doesn't say do not enter. Sometimes it pays to play it on the safe side tho maybe contact Parks when you get home...

Either way if Gates are shut, make sure they are shut once the vehicles are though..

Great job getting over BIG BERTHA...

Lewy_88

That's how I read it, doesn't say do not enter. Sometimes it pays to play it on the safe side tho maybe contact Parks when you get home...

Either way if Gates are shut, make sure they are shut once the vehicles are though..

Great job getting over BIG BERTHA...
We were definitely in two minds. But we went the safe option. I might try contact Parks now that you mention it.