Vic Gathering at Skipworth.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks to Discomatt, the annual Vic Gathering took place, and whilst not a 'full on' event as per previous years, it was a very enjoyable weekend. Cheryl & I arrived Thursday arvo with Discomatt/Liza & Cookie already set up. Afternoon was spent having a few drinks around the fire that continued to well after dark. Next day, we decided to go for a drive up to Mt Terrible and when we arrived back at camp a few more 'earthers' were arriving. Again, the night was spent around the campfire having a drink or 2 and talking the usual 'dribble'...;). Was great to catch up with some who I hadnt seen for some while, such as Bomber & Davidman, and on the Saturday, Brian & Kylie. Was good to meet some forum members who I had not met, Tom & Tatum, Darren, Alex & his dad Kevin, (from SA) & a few others whose names I forget....:oops:.

Saturday was a late start for a group of us who headed out for a reasonably easy drive, taking in a loop that included Mitchells & Masters Tks down to Granny Flat for a lunch break. The lunch stop was a little longer than planned as one vehicle had an issue, (must be a Jeep thing), but eventually we were back on the road making our way back to camp via Jamieson Lookout, Fergurson Saddle & Sapper Tk before the nice river crossing at the end. Arriving back at camp, the NSW crew were all set up, and from all reports, it turned out to be a 'big night'...:D.

Again, a really enjoyable weekend & thanks for making it happen Discomatt. Below are a few pics.

. IMG_1507.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1503.JPG IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG DJI_0095.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG IMG_1514.JPG
The group who took part in the Saturday loop.
IMG_1515.JPG IMG_1516 (2).jpg

The river crossing.

IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1534.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1523.JPG
IMG_1524.JPG

Spooner

Sorry I missed it , looks like a great weekend with the weather being kind :)
How's the Mt Terrible hut looking now Allan ?
Hope its all in one piece and non vandalised .
Cheers Rick

discomatt

Thanks to all who attended and made it another fun Earth gathering, thanks for the report Al.
Liza and I had a great time catching up with some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.
Mt. Terrible hut is still in great condition with no rubbish and not even 1 tag yet so all good:)

Spooner

Thanks to all who attended and made it another fun Earth gathering, thanks for the report Al.
Liza and I had a great time catching up with some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.
Mt. Terrible hut is still in great condition with no rubbish and not even 1 tag yet so all good:)
Excellent stuff Matt,
Great to hear after all the hard work to rebuild it , hope the trend continues into the future.
One of our Favourite spots , just a shame we can't go there anymore since moving .

A747CCCB-BFDC-40AA-9067-33EB7D9E9865.jpeg

Spooner

And well done on organising the event too Matt ,
I was going to organise something around here but pulled the pin as too hard.
After 2 years of driving around here , Avoca , Mt Cole , Wombat , Cobaw etc etc , I can't find a constant happy Medium loop like in the HC.
Is no in between , either Easy or Redneck lol.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
I got there, a very unplanned impromptu trip, was great to catch up with Matt & Liza, Allan & Cheryl, Bomber & Murphy, Dickie & Kath, Bill & Olga, Wang, Hamish, Davidman, Brian & Kylie and many others that I can't remember at the moment. Had a fantastic relaxing weekend but noted my Foxwing Awning outrigger post was damaged from a previous trip to Fraser this year so had to be careful setting it up & packing it up so it didn't snap, no probs, hitched a ride in a Discovery on the Friday up to Mt Terrible, then did a pub crawl on Saturday with a fantastic lunch at the Jamieson Brewery.
IMG_6876.JPG
IMG_6877.JPG
IMG_6878.JPG
IMG_6881.JPG
IMG_6883.JPG
IMG_6884.JPG
IMG_6885.JPG

Attachments