Change background image

Vic annual gathering 2018 who else is considering from s.a.

Discussion in 'Trips' started by greenmav, Sep 30, 2018.

1. greenmav

greenmav Active Member

Hey all,
    So far it looks like we are the only S.A. truck going to the Vic annual meetup this year. If anyone else is considering at this stage we are ( loosely) thinking about going on the Tuesday prior to the weekend and arriving there late wed. Going to go via top way and down through Bright as I want to avoid Melbourne. Anyway if anyone keen let me know............

Cheers
    Andrew

2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

I am hoping to make it but depends on work (and track record normally a bad time of year)
    Id probably be leaving either Tuesday or Wednesday after work and stop half way.
    Via Bright is a good drive, Dargo Plains road is nice drive (or blue rag -> south basalt if you want to go via tracks)

greenmav and Bomber2012 like this.
  3. greenmav

greenmav Active Member

Hey Luke, had a look on the map and south basalt track looks like a good way in. I am going to have the small camper trailer with me. Do you think it is wise to take on that track. We are quite happy to go the Dargo high plains road in and do track once I have ditched the trailer.

4. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

Been a while since i last did it but its pretty steep so probably not a good one to tow down

5. greenmav

greenmav Active Member

Ok cheers, I will stick with the Dargo high plains rd..

Thanks mate.

6. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Hopefully (work permitting) we'll be another SA truck attending :D But, if we come, we'll be coming from central Qld o_O

discomatt likes this.
  7. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

wise choice not towing on Sth. Basalt, best to leave that to a day trip without a trailer

Bomber2012 and mac_man_luke like this.