vent window rubber / seal help LN106 HELP!

mrbshe

Hi, i have done a quick search and havent found any help, i hope this is in the correct place.
i have a 1988 dual cab ln106 the front 2 doors both have the small corner / vent window.

i need to replace the outer weather strips (think its called the belt mould?) and the window slider/runner rubber. the problem is i can only find the rubbers for the front doors that dont have the vent window.
the weather strip looks like it could potentially be modified and may even be the same part number? not sure?
the rubber that goes around the window and also runs down the inside and the glass runs up and down it is definately different though.

i have been to a toyota dealer and they were no help and could only provide me with the part numbers for what they thought was the rubber but the picture doesnt show a vent window and they cant tell me either way if its correct or not.

most hiluxs of these era have the vent window but i can not get any help finding replacement rubbers. can anyone help me out with some part numbers or where i could even get these replacement parts? surely they cant be this hard to find.

i assume the numbers i have been given might even be the correct ones (68141c and 68151c door glas run) and also (68160c/68210c for weather strips) but dont wonbt to fork out cash, toyota have even said if they are wrong they wont accept returns and they are like $180 for each seal, they are no help.

any help would be appreciated. truck is painted and ready for the road after i can get these damn seals sorted.

Attachments

• 20210629_161856.jpg
    20210629_161856.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210603_173120.jpg
    20210603_173120.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210603_172940.jpg
    20210603_172940.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 24

2luxes

Hi, i have done a quick search and havent found any help, i hope this is in the correct place.
i have a 1988 dual cab ln106 the front 2 doors both have the small corner / vent window.

i need to replace the outer weather strips (think its called the belt mould?) and the window slider/runner rubber. the problem is i can only find the rubbers for the front doors that dont have the vent window.
the weather strip looks like it could potentially be modified and may even be the same part number? not sure?
the rubber that goes around the window and also runs down the inside and the glass runs up and down it is definately different though.

i have been to a toyota dealer and they were no help and could only provide me with the part numbers for what they thought was the rubber but the picture doesnt show a vent window and they cant tell me either way if its correct or not.

most hiluxs of these era have the vent window but i can not get any help finding replacement rubbers. can anyone help me out with some part numbers or where i could even get these replacement parts? surely they cant be this hard to find.

i assume the numbers i have been given might even be the correct ones (68141c and 68151c door glas run) and also (68160c/68210c for weather strips) but dont wonbt to fork out cash, toyota have even said if they are wrong they wont accept returns and they are like $180 for each seal, they are no help.

any help would be appreciated. truck is painted and ready for the road after i can get these damn seals sorted.
Have you tried Rare Spares? Their catalogs list seals for some Hilux utes that are earlier than yours but you never know, they may be about to release later ones.

Burrrrrton

You can look for suitable seals on EBay. There are a lot of different useful and not very things sold there, you can probably find anything, even mammoth feces, not to mention spare parts for a car.