Vehicle transport, Sydney too Melb

dno67

Anyone used a company to transport a rolling vehicle from Sydney to
melb ?
Looking for costs, suggestions or contacts, any help appreciated.

dno67

FC holden. Only looking at options at present, would even consider some cheap storage. Although its not the preferred option.

2002GU3

No idea about Sydney to Melbourne, but got a quote from Adelaide to Sydney about two weeks back - $650, I would think that the Sydney/Melbourne freight would be cheaper - ( google interstate vehicle transporters ) and a heap will pop up and you can get instant quotes online.

dno67

I'm currently waiting on a quote, there's the actual problem. There's so many, and apparently most just forward to another company taking a cut.
The other issue is, its a roller, no motor.
So apparently it must be a door to door job.

callmejoe

I'd stay clear of
AAA car transport
ALL AUSTRALIA car transport
MV car transport. there all the same very dodgy dealer. you'll find them on ACA program..
Who ever gives you a quote RESEARCH them 1st.

dedicated car transport companies.
CEVA\Px car\Auto care\ SMB or considers general freighter who can fork it on and off. then hire a towie to pick up and another towie for delivery

dno67

Cheer's mate, appreciate the feedback. Yep, there's some horror stories out there. Also why lm asking.

Albynsw

Deano I had my old Willy freighted from Melbourne to Sydney and from memory it was $600. I can’t recall the guys name offhand and just tried to find it for you but you need a door to door type carrier not the big freight mobs.
This guy had a flattop and a float trailer and basically lived on the road picking up and dropping off all up the east coast
Check with a car club etc as they use those sort of guys all the time

dno67

Exactly thw type of info lm looking for mate, l had thought of having someone from a club inspect the vehicle, if we can reach an agreement.

discomatt

I'd stay clear of
AAA car transport
ALL AUSTRALIA car transport
MV car transport. there all the same very dodgy dealer. you'll find them on ACA program..
Who ever gives you a quote RESEARCH them 1st.

dedicated car transport companies.
CEVA\Px car\Auto care\ SMB or considers general freighter who can fork it on and off. then hire a towie to pick up and another towie for delivery
Are Ceva any good, I hear some stories about their drivers, one in particular... Apparently he drives a Nissan and loves flowers, not sure I would trust someone like that:p