Vegan no more

Found this on a forum today.
Goes to show how quickly/ easily things could turn to crap here with either our government changing a policy or other countries taking their business elsewhere

View attachment 61084
We supposedly cant afford to manufacture here, and yet land outside cities is super abundant and cheap, there is hardly any unionisation left, wages are flat, entitlements are eroded, working conditions are no better than 25 years ago. Thousands and thousands of workers arrive on our shores each year.

They have car manufacturing plants in germany.

We need to stop making excuses. We need political and business leadership. Globalisation has been a mixed bag for us and overall things have gone backwards.

We supposedly cant afford to manufacture here, and yet land outside cities is super abundant and cheap, there is hardly any unionisation left, wages are flat, entitlements are eroded, working conditions are no better than 25 years ago. Thousands and thousands of workers arrive on our shores each year.

They have car manufacturing plants in germany.

We need to stop making excuses. We need political and business leadership. Globalisation has been a mixed bag for us and overall things have gone backwards.
This election for me is a protest vote put Labor and Liberals last on your preferences , we are being screwed big time , when i was a kid and well into my teens all my parents friends seemed to manage and that was with mum at home looking after the kids . I now have friends with both parents working and they're struggling , are we still the lucky country ?

Not with all those landrover repair bills :).
The big difference before was if you couldn’t afford it you didn’t have it now you have a variety of credit arrangements available to you to make sure you buy it.
Nobody wants anything second hand anymore when you can get a new one on a pay later scheme
I put the deposit on my first home on bankcard. Then I ended up paying 17% interest a few years later. I'm a credit expert from way back. :)

I think half the perceived problem is total BS, people struggling more than in the past?? na wrong.
The difference in the past the first home was after years of saving you would buy a 3 bed, 1 bathroom 1 living area home with no curtains because old sheets don't count as curtains, no landscaping, no garage, one car in the drive that was 20 years old not 2 new cars, a small TV ( ours sat on a cardboard box) way out in the boon docks and the list goes on.
These days people want to work less hours, better conditions be paid more and go home to all the mod cons in a new house 4 bedrooms, office, 3 living areas 3 bathrooms and an alfrestco FFS with there new car while picking up take away on the way home or going out for dinner as well as buying smashed avo and latte then watch there high speed internet with foxtel so they don't need to use there football membership
Harder my ass, people as a rule have got soft and want everything so get heaps of credit which makes the whole problem worse because then you add heaps of interest.

When I bought my first home the bank home loan rate was 21% , I didn’t think it was possible for them to get down to single digits
If I was young now, I'd do exactly the same as I did back then, buy the cheapest piece of junk in the boondocks and make the best of it by doing it up and commuting my arse off to several jobs. We were up to our eyeballs in debt, so much that my mother couldn't sleep worrying about us.

I remember when I was a kid Mum and Dad both working, Dad 2 jobs, interest rates about 18% and not being able to put oil in the tank for the old oil heater in the lounge.
When we started out I was running the panel shop and when times got really tough and rent wages and all the bills had to be paid I had to go to the salvo's for a food voucher.
Some people just don't understand budgeting and hard work

Yes, my first house the interest rates were 15.5%, and went to 17.5%.
But me and the ex had saved 60 grand in 7 years to put down and only borrowed 30k. Both of us worked and we went without to get that house deposit together
I can still remember my father telling us on a visit South in 1982...."don't you kids look at what me and Mum have got and want the same for yourselves now. Its taken us 30 years to get where we are today....."
I've never forgotten it and use the same line on my own kids ( with no affect I might add )
Had a 21 year old nephew up over Xmas ( from Sydney ) and he just does not believe he will ever own a house so doesn't seem to bother trying to save. Its simply not an option he thinks.... basic house one million in Sydney.
See, its a whole different world nowadays.....

Yes, my first house the interest rates were 15.5%, and went to 17.5%.
But me and the ex had saved 60 grand in 7 years to put down and only borrowed 30k. Both of us worked and we went without to get that house deposit together
I can still remember my father telling us on a visit South in 1982...."don't you kids look at what me and Mum have got and want the same for yourselves now. Its taken us 30 years to get where we are today....."
I've never forgotten it and use the same line on my own kids ( with no affect I might add )
Had a 21 year old nephew up over Xmas ( from Sydney ) and he just does not believe he will ever own a house so doesn't seem to bother trying to save. Its simply not an option he thinks.... basic house one million in Sydney.
See, its a whole different world nowadays.....
I couldn't afford a house in Sydney back then, and I still can't. The world seems the same to me. :)

Its a massive difference between a 10% deposit requiremdnt which was common for donkeys yonks and the current requirement of 20% deposit plus stamp duty. Stamp duty is such a government rort.

Your income gets taxed, then you pay gst on most purchases, then you pay heaps extra on car registration, house stamp duty, levies, etc etc, they say we are one of the most heavily taxed nations. Three levels of government.