V8 still lives?

LongRoad2Go

If you are buying new just get a GVM upgrade done pre registration and it costs you next to nothing more, better to have the extra capacity up your sleeve if you need it

Basic rundown pre delivery :
Lovell’s Suspension and 3900kg GVM upgrade
Trutrack wheeltrack correction
New Rims and rubber in 33’s
Armax snorkel
Fuel filter
Catch can
110 litre auxiliary fuel tank ( total 240 litres capacity)
ARB bar , brush bars and side steps
Warn EVO 12000 pound winch

Undecided on
Driving lights,
Dual battery system
If I will get another set of Recaros
Stereo upgrade
UHF
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

Looks VERY similar to my list, sans company names i.e. ARB versus TJM, etc. Hopefully by the time I buy, Toyota has corrected the offset ... not holding breath though! (With my luck they'll fix the offset and only offer a V6);)

PHS: yep, looking at Lithium batteries and solar blanket just to provide some basic modern cons = lights, fridge ... maybe an inverter.

When you say 'Pre-Delivery' is that buying the vehicle without rego and tray and getting all the work done by Third Party companies?

By the way, have you read the 'Winch' thread on this website - quite enlightening.

Albynsw

When you say 'Pre-Delivery' is that buying the vehicle without rego and tray and getting all the work done by Third Party companies?

By the way, have you read the 'Winch' thread on this website - quite enlightening.

When you order a new vehicle you just tell the dealer that you want to do a GVM upgrade and they send your vehicle to your nominated suspension installer/ modifier who will fit the suspension and modify the compliance plate accordingly so then when the dealer registers your vehicle it is done with the modifications as part of the vehicle.
To do it post first registration it will cost you approximately 2k more and it will be a state recognised upgrade not a national one like it is pre first rego

Yes I know the thread, my current Warn has never let me down and the new ones are even better so happy to stick with them. There are Warn dealers all across the country should I have an issue, there are not many that can offer that level of backup service

smitty_r51

When you order a new vehicle you just tell the dealer that you want to do a GVM upgrade and they send your vehicle to your nominated suspension installer/ modifier who will fit the suspension and modify the compliance plate accordingly so then when the dealer registers your vehicle it is done with the modifications as part of the vehicle.
To do it post first registration it will cost you approximately 2k more and it will be a state recognised upgrade not a national one like it is pre first rego
Talking to the engineer who did my gvm upgrade post registration he did say anything done pre rego is included in the purchase price for calculation of stamp duty.

Albynsw

Talking to the engineer who did my gvm upgrade post registration he did say anything done pre rego is included in the purchase price for calculation of stamp duty.

Being a commercial vehicle the SD rate is less , 2% from memory, I think it is 5% for passenger vehicles. still cheaper than paying for an engineer and it’s a national certification
That is only if you do it through the dealer, if you pay for the mods directly they don’t add it on, at least that is what my dealer has told me
I did my current 79 post registration but only because I had no choice, nobody had developed a GVM kit at that stage for the dual cab