use of cameras

zoom

Ok everyone knows how to take a "shot " with a still camera or video , or at least they think so. My question is, how do you get that ultimate look and feel of the landscape & driving action you're trying to achieve?

grit

I'm only going to add that there is certainly a knack to it (skill may be a better word). More often than not, a photo will not do justice to the difficulty of the track and not portray the same experience of actually being there.

The simplest mistake is to just point the camera up or down the hill at the action. side views with the camera level seem to work best, you can usually use the vertical tree trunks as a guide. Square on shots usually don't provide the perspective. I have many, many photos that should have been impressive but just did not capture the moment anywhere near the experience of being there.

Looking forward to a few more pointers from any photographer types out there.

Patriot

Administrator
How many people are interested in photography? Is it worth putting in a seperate section.

I certain wold like a few tips, the number of times I have been somewhere with a great view and taken a photo that looks really boring, I definately could use the tips.

Cheers,

James

Pure Yobbo

How many people are interested in photography? Is it worth putting in a seperate section.

I certain wold like a few tips, the number of times I have been somewhere with a great view and taken a photo that looks really boring, I definately could use the tips.

Cheers,

James

Lock it in James sounds like a great idea.

Cheers

goldrush

Cheers,

James

I think I've heard that suggestion somewhere before James. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BUSHNUT

4x4 Earth Contributer
I think I've heard that suggestion somewhere before James. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now Cliffy dont be like that or they will tell you to go north and multiply , James says the Photo gallery is coming - BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME !

I think the concept proposed is a good one . I love photograpy , the main thing is that I need more patience or more info on the utilisation of filters .

Any help is appreciated !

goldrush

Now Cliffy dont be like that or they will tell you to go north and multiply , James says the Photo gallery is coming - BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME !

Already heading north. As for the multiplying, that just isn't possible anymore. :eek::eek::eek:

grit

Looking forward to charging the batteries in the digital. My track buddy has just got hold of a digital video recorder, so hopefully we we will get some more decent footage before too long. Last video was shot with digital camera in VGA, worked well, but missed most of the good stuff.

Pure Yobbo

We purchased a video camera last xmas before we did our last big trip. Digital one with Hard Drive etc. So now we have all this footage we can't edit because you need a decent editing software to do any editing.

So now we have editing software it won't run on out puter for some reason. So I am keen as to learn more about photography & Video editing.

Cheers

grit

We purchased a video camera last xmas before we did our last big trip. Digital one with Hard Drive etc. So now we have all this footage we can't edit because you need a decent editing software to do any editing.

So now we have editing software it won't run on out puter for some reason. So I am keen as to learn more about photography & Video editing.

Cheers

What's the name of the software & what operating system (& version) are you running?

mickyd213

It's more annoying when you go out spur of the moment and leave the camera at home. The last couple of times were really good opportunities for some good shots but...

As for the photography side of things... well i'm far from an expert but i think it depends on what your trying to capture... timing also plays a big part in it as well... you may only be able to take 3 shots a second but that magic pic just happens to fall in the 2 milliseconds where you cant take the photo.

Patriot

Administrator
Yeah Yobbo,

You should be able to edit the footage in Windows Movie Maker. The best thing about WMM is that it is free. I have done a few videos with it and it is basic, but fairly easy to use.

Let me know which Operating System you PC is and we should be able to sort it out.

James

Pure Yobbo

Yeah Yobbo,

You should be able to edit the footage in Windows Movie Maker. The best thing about WMM is that it is free. I have done a few videos with it and it is basic, but fairly easy to use.

Let me know which Operating System you PC is and we should be able to sort it out.

James

Sorry guys been a bit pre occupied with the LCMP meet up.

We run windows XP and have a Sony video camera. The Sony video records in MPEG4 format and WMM can't edit it - missing some kind of code..... Spent hours reashearing about it in Google - I have purchased Nero 8 to edit in that but that won't run on our system. Athlon 1.8 gig with 1 Gig Ram - I havn't played with it lately but really need to get into it again.

I am thinking of building a new PC with a bit more herbs, my wife is starting to do a few webpages in Dreamweaver and it would be good if it went a bit quicker.

Cheers

Sandman

Hey guys

does anyone have any good suggestions for a mounting point inside a Patrol or a drawing of a bracket or something. I ran my Panasonic digital Hard Drive video Camera setup on a tripod, which was jammed in to a good spot in the Passengers seat (wife will have to sit in the back with the kids). the footage I got was absolutely outstanding, huge file size cos it ran for 1 1/2 hours, but still outstanding. All I need now is suggestions for a bracket or mounting point inside the Patrol.

cptmud

I have found that with action shots, you really need to be in the right place at the right time.

mudhunter

in my 60 i have got my uhf mounted on top of my dash with a flat plate with a bold welded to it mounted to the uhf mount and my diggy camera screws on and i get great shots out my windscreen

phs

it does take time to work out, what the best way to take a photo to express the track grade is, the right angle the right focus point, really makes all the difference, befor i got into photos i just pointed the camera and took a shot then got back home and opened them and thought that looks easy, now ill walk up the track, down it, side to side, kneel down, get up and close to an object, so on and it makes the biggest difference.....

ill post a few pics in a sec.