Underslinging trailer axle. Is my setup suitable?

Was the little rectangular locator plate welded to the axle? It should be but they often aren't. No big deal on trailers without brakes. Grind off and reweld on braked trailers.
Yes there was. I just flipped the axle as typhoeus mentioned and all was well.

Now I just have to work out the best way to secure 2 spare tyres, a 9kg gas bottle and 2 bikes and I’m all done :oops:

Hoyks

Round things that are pretty much designed to roll are always a bastard to tie down.

9KG gas bottle is easy enough, acquire a milk crate and they wedge inside quite well, now you have a box to tie down, much easier.

Wheels, can you fit them in the trailer lying flat, drop a bike wheel in the wheel dish and then strap that down??

Round things that are pretty much designed to roll are always a bastard to tie down.

9KG gas bottle is easy enough, acquire a milk crate and they wedge inside quite well, now you have a box to tie down, much easier.

Wheels, can you fit them in the trailer lying flat, drop a bike wheel in the wheel dish and then strap that down??
The milk crate idea is genius, I’ll be on the hunt tonight!

I’m planning to lay the car spare flat, with the trailer spare on top, both in the middle between the bikes. I’m hoping this will give me enough height that a rope over the side of the trailer will be enough to hold them down.

The bikes front wheel in the rim is also a genius idea however, something to take a look at. Hoyks I may have to take you with us for ongoing advice ;)