Under seat sub-woofer suggestions?

Dune

I've got a new head unit to put in and want to put a sub in as well, I've upgraded all the speakers, so it seems worthwhile.

I am looking for recommendations for what may fit under a seat, or behind the 2nd row, I've got a cargo barrier installed. I am not after a huge doof system and filling my cargo space if 17" woofer, just something to boost bass over the hum of the MT's.

What have people used and fits?

Something like this ==>

woofer

or
this ==>

01__98543.1562284956.jpg

Thanks...

Albynsw

Frankie’s fitted a Rockford Fosgate Punch sub behind the backseat of my 79 and it has more than enough doof, would of been happy with a smaller unit to be honest
Albion Park store did the installation

RBJET

I honestly haven't heard and under seat unit that sounds as good as sub in a proper enclosure.
Even one of those slim, behind the seat units sound much better.
I don't think I'd waste my time going under the seat. Squeeze a proper (slim) enclosure behind the seat if you can fit it.

Dune

Frankie’s fitted a Rockford Fosgate Punch sub behind the backseat of my 79 and it has more than enough doof, would of been happy with a smaller unit to be honest
Albion Park store did the installation
Thanks, I spoke with Frankies in Nowra, who told me the same thing, they get the Rockford in 79's. But looking at the space behind my back seats to the cargo bay, there just is not the room, hence me considering under seat options.

RBJET

I'm not sure how tall your seats are but I saw these 2 units when looking today.

Dune

I'm not sure how tall your seats are but I saw these 2 units when looking today.
Look good. I was leaning toward an active sub, so as not needing to find more room to stash another amp, I've already taken up under the passage seat with an amp for the speakers, so after an active sub.

Really after some real world experience for someone who already has an amp under their Patrol seat - driver's side.

Rusty Panels

I don't know if you've done anything about it yet so this info may be a bit late. I upgraded the original head unit of my 100 to a Pioneer that has bluetooth connection for the phone and reversing camera input. I also fitted a Pioneer slim sub under the passengers front seat. I wasn't after a ridiculous doof doof sound either, and simply wanted to improve the quality of the sound over the standard. It sounds really good in comparison to the original 4 door system. I've since replaced the original Toyota speakers with a set of 3 way Sonys which although they're not top shelf have improved the sound considerably. The slimline subs are easy to fit and can be mounted without drilling any holes or cutting anything that's just how I like to do things. They can be removed in the future if you want to return the car to it's standard state without leaving bolt holes or other tell tale damage. I glued velcro to the bottom of the sub and it sits on the carpet without any movement. The wiring runs through a small cut in the carpet near the seat mount and up under the dash to the head unit.

I guess the only negative is if you do a water crossing and drown it.

Dune

I don't know if you've done anything about it yet so this info may be a bit late. I upgraded the original head unit of my 100 to a Pioneer that has bluetooth connection for the phone and reversing camera input. I also fitted a Pioneer slim sub under the passengers front seat. I wasn't after a ridiculous doof doof sound either, and simply wanted to improve the quality of the sound over the standard. It sounds really good in comparison to the original 4 door system. I've since replaced the original Toyota speakers with a set of 3 way Sonys which although they're not top shelf have improved the sound considerably. The slimline subs are easy to fit and can be mounted without drilling any holes or cutting anything that's just how I like to do things. They can be removed in the future if you want to return the car to it's standard state without leaving bolt holes or other tell tale damage. I glued velcro to the bottom of the sub and it sits on the carpet without any movement. The wiring runs through a small cut in the carpet near the seat mount and up under the dash to the head unit.

I guess the only negative is if you do a water crossing and drown it.

No still deciding what to buy. I've just brought the head unit, that's all. I've replaced all the factory speakers previous. But felt it has always been missing some low Hz thump.

Is your sub one of these Pioneer ones?
  1. https://strathfieldcarradios.com.au...nXgutjel5ZcemWWIFJYRQJj5U_Y9SpxRoCJEUQAvD_BwE
  2. https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.a...KkIn5_EEGggNpC-uSChNhm-Vl5dO2Q2BoC50kQAvD_BwE

This is the head unit I now got - https://www.kenwood.com/au/car/visual_navigation/ddx9020dabs/ I am hopefully going to put it in next weekend

image_productKV.png