Ultravision Nitro Smart

tharanaw

Hi guys,
I've been thinking of getting a pair of Nitro Smart LED driving lights from UltraVision.
I'm considering them because they can replace my factory fog lights and so keep my vehicle looking standard and avoid trouble with the police.
Has anybody used them? Any thoughts on them?
An alternative for me would be the XRay Vision 125 series lights, which are slightly bigger, but I hope will not make much of a difference. They seem to be slightly cheaper than the UltraVision pair. Any comments on both the lights will be much appreciated.

Ultravision choice : NITRO Smart 4-in-1 Multifunction LED Driving Light (ultra-vision.com.au)
XRay Vision choice : 125 Series LED - Xray Vision

Regards,
Tharana

CTL

Why would driving lights cause trouble with the police? They are not illegal.

madmonk

If you mount them in the factory fog light location, won't they be too low to cast a decent beam?

tharanaw

If you mount them in the factory fog light location, won't they be too low to cast a decent beam?
That is a concern. They have advertised it as a direct replacement to the factory fog light, so assume they mean the beam would be good enough from that location. The photos on their website show the lights mounted in the factory locations.
What do you think?

Chatty

The fog light location is meant to cast a low, wide beam "under" the fog and directly onto the road. That's why the fog lights are located as low down as possible.
Because of this I really think that any driving lights in that location wouldn't cast a great beam - in terms of distance. They may be bright, but the beam won't go far, unless it is aimed upwards in which case they'll be pretty useless unless you're spotlighting koalas (or your Sri Lankan equivalent) in the tops of the trees.