uhf

cgibbo308

Just out of curiosity Ggibbo in your first list why would you pick the GME over the ICOM..

as with all the radios listed. the technical stuff will all be pretty much the same. For me, picking gme over icom is that it is Australian owned and made. and the gme radios that are made os are strictly controlled. I have all ways used gme in the car and the hh till the old battery in hh died and couldn't replace it (now using chiinese radio) and will replace it once i can afford it.

I see no point in screwing the power up when all it dose it let other people hear you 5ks further away when you can't hear if there replying to ya anyway, unless your one of those that like to talk over others just to pi55 people off.

The time, place and reason you would use a power modified radio is in an emergency situation.

Just because you can't hear a rescuer, does not mean they can't hear you, and get help to you. That 5ks of extra transmission distance, could mean the difference between you, your wife/partner or child living or dying..

the call you make could be along the lines of:

Emergency Emergency Emergency .. this is ************** .. we have crashed / fallen / been struck by god . we have X number of injured persons. We are located at (give gps co ords or area)

wait for a reply

repeat the call every 3 minutes or so or till you get a reply and establish contact..

that, on the face of it, may sound silly, but could be the difference between getting home alive or burying your loved ones.

Yota

Radio's

My Wouxun handheld is KG-UV1P is now about three years old and already had three desk top chargers fail, about 12 months is all I seem to get out of them. The third one went up in smoke last night. That is what Chinese quality is like, you pay your money and take your chances. There is no way I would depend on Chinese radio's for AREC use.

Yota

With so much talk about people illegally running extra power, here is a point to consider. Here in NZ our uhf cb regulations were copied word for word off the Australian regulations. Transmitter power is listed as no more than 5 watts but there is also a power ruling that makes using high gain antenna's illegal too. 9.2dbw eirp means that technically with a five watt transmitter and 6dbi gain antenna you would be operating outside of the regulations.
It is quite amusing to hear people bleat about others using high power when their own equipment is technically operating illegally too.
When this regulation is shown to these people it seems in their mind that running a few dbw over the limit is acceptable but running a few more isn't

dno67

i have found this place and i can report that they are very knowledgeable people and have a big range of quality UHF connectors and antennas in stock. https://connectvk.com.au/product-category/uhf-connector/page/3/
Hot tip.
6 years ago they we're looking.
Recon they may have got something by now, looks like a selfless plug of your own bissness ?
Hot tip #2. You'd be better off providing a link to an actual radio rather than a page full of plugs..

boobook

Hot tip.
6 years ago they we're looking.
Recon they may have got something by now, looks like a selfless plug of your own bissness ?
Hot tip #2. You'd be better off providing a link to an actual radio rather than a page full of plugs..

Hot tip no 3. If you are shamelessly going to promote your own business, don't use the same username as your business name and pretend you are independent.

Hot tip no 4 It is a bad sign that your are a reputable business if you have to pretend to be a customer giving a good review.

Hot tip no 5. I think it is illegal to pretend to be a customer and give yourself a good review.

BUSHNUT

4x4 Earth Contributer
Have had GME in all my trucks , never found wanting ! Have a unidentifiable hand held for winching or exterior to the truck work , I.e. directing placement of wheels over an obstacle , its also a
Loaner if some dickhead turns up without one !

synchro

Hot tip no 3. If you are shamelessly going to promote your own business, don't use the same username as your business name and pretend you are independent.

Hot tip no 4 It is a bad sign that your are a reputable business if you have to pretend to be a customer giving a good review.

Hot tip no 5. I think it is illegal to pretend to be a customer and give yourself a good review.

Yep - not the brightest of vendors - would have been better to have been totally honest and indicate he has this business and is happy to provide 4x4Earth members a nice discount
;)