'Speak to Me'
'What should we do now?'
'Bring the boys back home.'
From the other side of the CB radio - 'Money'
Then when the helicopter arrived - 'Pigs on the wing'
Then a second helicopter arrived - 'Pigs on the wing II;
Then when the guys get home -'The heroes arrive'
After a few beers when arriving home - Comfortably numb
The lastly after a long day going to bed -'Not now John' - The final cut so to speak lol

Ok enough - Apologies to Pink Floyd. Great songs

Last edited:

Barra GU

here's a handy piece of information for all CB users

VIC

CHANNEL
Aberfeldy

Ararat

Arthurs Seat

Bendigo

Bombala

Cavendish

Cranbourne area

Echuca

Eden Park

Eildon

Falls Creek

Hawkesdale

Healesville

Mansfield

5 - Emergency Repeater
Mansfield

Marambingo Hill

5 - Emergency Repeater
Melbourne (access via simplex)

Melbourne

Mt Alexander

Mt Cann

Mt Concorde

Mt Fatigue

Mt Gordon

Mt Granya

Mt Kerang

Mt Porepunkah - runs of batteries with solar charging - gives one beep normally but two when power is low.

Mt Seldom Seen

Mt Terrible

Mt Wombat

near Bendigo

Penshurst

Pyalong

5 - Emergency Repeater
Ruffy

Shepparton

St Arnaud

Traralgon

Walhalla

Wangandry

Weeaproinah

Whittlesea

Williamstown

Wodonga

Hi can someone please explain to me what all this stuff means???

Like from what i understand is if youre in any of those areas and are trying to get onto someone you're best using the channel mentioned for the correlated area?

Mulga63

Couple of little UHF tidbits which I'm sure most know, but nevertheless:

In the last couple of months, there is a new automated message on repeat every couple of minutes talking about channels 1-8 and 31-38 being repeater channels audible on UHF on the Mornington Peninsula area. I don't know who has done it but I'm guessing it's a repeater owner. I can hear it on Phillip Island where I live often and it's very clear considering its travelling over water (something UHF doesn't like doing).

Also, Ch 5 in metro Melbourne is actively monitored by CREST Victoria (Community Radio Emergency Service Teams). You will regularly hear one of their operators transmit their message about keeping the channel clear when driving through Melbourne, especially after some oxygen thief has been transmitting on there.

I'm in Pakenham & receive the automated message loud & clear

Mulga

SmAsh_6861

I'm in Pakenham & receive the automated message loud & clear

Mulga

Hmm, it's obviously something this side of town then. There is some radio club based out of Hastings, I wonder if they're doing it. It's clear as day to me all over Phillip Island.

99pc chimpanzee

Hi can someone please explain to me what all this stuff means???

Like from what i understand is if youre in any of those areas and are trying to get onto someone you're best using the channel mentioned for the correlated area?
Yes its confusing, basically your correct,if you have a repeater in area u are and have no clear line of sight it may help u reach others
This vid is Aussie and good,for it to sink in watching a few times doesn't hurt :)to get ya head around the ch 4/ch34 info,just remember if in area with a repeater ch2 For an example use repeater/duplex ch2 on uhf

darb

My first real use of a UHF repeater was down Bremer bay way... after realising there was a UHF repeater atop the huge hill behind the holiday house we were in. It could reach every bay in the entire region, and about 50km up the mian road coming into town. It was pretty handy actually as the girls had a handheld up at the house ... one mate could be bumbling around in town, while one of our 4wd's is out on a remote beac h... all crystal clear.

Obviously everyone else can hear the conversation, but not once have I heard anyone else actually using it.

I guess its all a bit moot in that there's also a telstra 4G tower on the same hill and we're getting reliable comms anyway which these days is just easier, but it's still pretty handy when the radio is right there at finger tips.

bremer.jpg

darb

to give some perspective, the tiny little bay you see in the above screenshot named "stream beach" is this one ;

Bremer-Coast-2014--1098.jpg