UHF install problems

Tenga21

Really new to this all so sorry if this has been discussed or if I’m asking in the wrong place.
I have a 2017 triton gls sports. I’ve recently tried to wire up my oricom uhf390 and every way that I’ve tried (cig socket, main battery, secondary battery, fuse adapter into the fuse box behind the glove box) The uhf just keeps flashing on and off when engine is fully on. UHF seems to stay on when just on accessories but have no signal at all. Wondering if it’s a voltage issue with my car or I just fried the radio lol

Rusty Panels

I just Googled the manual and it says that they will flash the Voltage at start up it also says that if the display freezes you can do a factory reset.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 07.48.58.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 07.49.26.png

a1bert

Had a similar experience with an Oricom, even took the radio back and exchanged it, can't remember the problem but it turned out to be my fault and i felt a bit stupid;(
Stop, go thru all the details ensuring power , earth, aerial, check with a volt meter if possible

Chatty

Potentially sounds like an overvoltage problem - you need to stick a multimeter on the supply and see what is happening.

linuxfan66

Potentially sounds like an overvoltage problem - you need to stick a multimeter on the supply and see what is happening.
how on earth can a 12v car overvoltage?
only ever heard it being an issue on 24v vehicles that need a voltage dropper for accessories and/or 6v cars with a 12v conversion

• Wow
Reactions: CTL

dabbler

how on earth can a 12v car overvoltage?
only ever heard it being an issue on 24v vehicles that need a voltage dropper for accessories and/or 6v cars with a 12v conversion
Anything that controls/creates current can create overvoltage on any DC system of it's dodgy. But as the OP states this happens with cranking and aux it's unlikely (still possible though depending how everything is connected).

@Tenga21 if you've tested your voltages and they're under 15v then it's refund time.