uhf cb

jrney2

hi all,,,im looking for a good cheap uhf cb,,,as its my 1st one,,i only wanna try a cheapie,,,then i can upgrade to a good one,,,,let me know if u can help

thanks

GippsSurfer

Why not jkust get a decent one to begin with.... they are not hard to use...

I have a GME TX3200 - Great CB, good price... a lot of the features on the top end models you probable wont ever use...

If money is the issue, just get a cheap hand held unit to start with and then get the permanent mounted version later - at least that way you will have the hand held for someone to help you through tricky sections without having to scream....

Gunna

Suggest you try Ebay there are hundreds on that site I'm sure you will find something in your price range
Good luck in your search

BUSHNUT

Gme or Uniden , you can't go wrong, personally went GME because it was the first one that came with a separate small contol hod there fore no major dash alterations . Uniden now have one.

Cheapis well from what I have observed it shows up out there in the sticks, a good aerial is essential, but I seem to get reception at a greater range than a lot in our mob, but for tagalong situation travelling even a hand held is adequate , as back up or to lend to anyone who has radio problems , I have a $99 Uniden .

Last edited:

Grumpy

hand helds

Gme or Uniden , you can't go wrong, personally went GME because it was the first one that came with a separate small contol hod there fore no major dash alterations . Uniden now have one.

Cheapis well from what I have observed it shows up out there in the sticks, a good aerial is essential, but I seem to get reception at a greater range than a lot in our mob, but for tagalong situation travelling even a hand held is adequate , as back up or to lend to anyone who has radio problems , I have a $99 Uniden .

Hand helds are great, I run with 2 just in case someone in the convoy doesn;t have a radio, great especially when u get into LOG TRUCK territory, Each area or travel route for trucks has it's own channel they use so u may find yourself changing from one to the other a lot. It's usually just a sign painted on a tree or post or what ever but worthwhile taking note of them and a case of getting out of the road when they are coming, they use the whole road. CHEERS

jrney2

thanks guys,,,,,,,i will find one on ebay,,,,,,went out for my 1st drive today,,,will try and add some pics,,,when i learn how to do it

Gunna

Just had a look at radio's on ebay there are plenty to choose from might bid on another for myself as well :rolleyes: