UHF/CB Radio Brackets

FreshwaterAddict

Instead of posting this in the same thread i had before this can be used as a reference for anyone else who browses this forum. I had purchased a Mobile One Gain UHF/CB Radio 477mhz, Ground Independant, 6.5db. For anyone interested the part code is RF470WSS. Brand new in its original wrapping, just having a look, it doesnt come with a bracket to mount to the top of my bullbar.

1. Where can i purchase a bracket to mount it to the top of my bullbar?
2. Can i make my own bracket???? Has anyone made their own bracket, if yes how so??

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have made a bracket in the past with an exhaust clamp and a peice of flat steel.

Better option is to head to ARB/TJM ect. and get a bracket that is made for this job:)
Make sure you know what the bar diameter is when you see them.

Last edited:

Sambartom

Instead of posting this in the same thread i had before this can be used as a reference for anyone else who browses this forum. I had purchased a Mobile One Gain UHF/CB Radio 477mhz, Ground Independant, 6.5db. For anyone interested the part code is RF470WSS. Brand new in its original wrapping, just having a look, it doesnt come with a bracket to mount to the top of my bullbar.

2. Can i make my own bracket???? Has anyone made their own bracket, if yes how so??

How much did the Ant cost mate...

Yota

Antenna Bracket

I made my own bracket folded out of some 3mm stainless steel a little bit of basic metal work drilling, cutting and grinding, two u bollts attach it to the spare tyre carrier although my antenna does have it's own groundplane .

JonKabir

Taxicab companies were among the first to utilize the CB radio for improving their business, as they could now communicate with fellow cabbies. In the 70s the CB became a bona fide fad with everyone from families to truckers.