Turbo issues

Albynsw

My turbo has developed a whistle and has been diagnosed as in the vains
Does anyone know if they are rebuildable or just replace the whole turbo and if so what or who to buy from
I have no performance loss or issues but don’t want to leave it until it shats itself

Tink

My turbo has developed a whistle and has been diagnosed as in the vains
Does anyone know if they are rebuildable or just replace the whole turbo and if so what or who to buy from
I have no performance loss or issues but don’t want to leave it until it shats itself
How many kms?
Tink

Albynsw

Have you looked at the compressor wheel ?

BTW fairly sure you can get an upgraded unit from G turbo for cheaper than a Toyota one
The mechanic checked it with a stethoscope and he thinks it is the veins

I will check G turbo but as I have already had a remap I wasn’t keen on changing anything as I would have to get a retune done so more $$$
Garret seem reasonable priced

:mad: don't buy a ball bearing turbo , we fitted one to our 84 hilux , the first one lasted 30 years but no parts .
We had to get a ball bearing model only one that would fit , 3 years rooted , new centre $2000,00 :eek:

If you do get a new turbo keep the old one as they can be good for a core if someone is going to a Gturbo etc

Im keen for a Gturbo G350 or UFI gated turbo at some point (but no time soon)

phs

I have heard that too. If that was the case it would still be a replacement job wouldn’t it?
Yeah mate, and if your already running a tune ( more boost ) and it’s whining it’s a replacement job anyway

Have a look at G turbo and get a suitable replacement for the boost you want to run

If the old turbos Comp wheel is sandblasted look at a decent air box replacement too

Albynsw

I can get the standard G turbo which is same spec as stock for about $1700 plus labour or the higher boost version 350?, not sure for about $1100 more. Thinking it might be worth the extra coin ....tempted
Never looked into it before, what are the thoughts on this?