Trying to replace the bulb in headlight

Gitzky

Been trying to browse on the internet to see any videos on how to pull out the headlight bulbs on the Pk ranger but haven't found any, mostly the videos are from the states. Was wondering how do i get those buggers out, Cheers

Triton14

They usually have a spring clip holding them in place.

I dont know the vehicle but an easy job usually.

Found this & not sure why you need to remove the battery(maybe lack of room on that side?) but it could help?

Mick_Marsh

I had to replace the globe on the Territory. Youtube says the same thing, remove battery, etc.
It's a bit of overkill. I managed to change it without removing the battery, It was fiddly, though.

There is a lot to be said for the ease of repairing older vehicles. These newer ones seem to be designed to make the simple tasks difficult.

Gitzky

Thanks for the replies, had a bit of a look at the owners manual for something else this arvo. Was flicking through the pages and stumbled upon the page where it actually shows the steps for removing the headlight bulb. Oddly enough it also states that the coolant reservoir needs to be pulled out first too before I can take out the bulb out.

Batts88

I have the mazda version passenger side not to hard but you need to remove the wiper washer bottle drivers side then it's easy

discomatt

Cars are great are they, such a simple task as replacing a headlight globe and we have, remove the battery , remove coolant bottle so may as well do a check on quality of coolant then do a flush or remove the washer bottle
Anyone for a timing belt replacement? May as well do it while doing the globe:confused:

shanegtr

Cars are great are they, such a simple task as replacing a headlight globe and we have, remove the battery , remove coolant bottle so may as well do a check on quality of coolant then do a flush or remove the washer bottle
Anyone for a timing belt replacement? May as well do it while doing the globe:confused:
Removing the battery I can let go, but much more than that shouldn't be needed. Could be worse - if ARB did enough design work I wouldn't have to remove their bar to change a headlight on my disco!

Rusty Panels

Be prepared to lose blood and some skin. None of them are made to be removed easily. It's all part of the "keeping the servicing within the dealership" strategy. That is something that angers me to no end! They make it a major task to change a bloody globe, forcing many to take it to a dealer to put in a replacement part at twice the cost just to justify their existence. That's why I do every single bit of maintenance to any of my vehicles.

Rusty Panels

I thought it was the heater core :p
Been there too. My young bloke hit a rock on the road and broke an engine mount in his car which then snapped off the plastic spout from the heater core through the firewall. I had to remove the entire dash from the car to replace a $2 spout. :mad:

discomatt

Lets not talk about heater cores, I am living in denial and have been for a couple of years, my old toy, now 25 years old with well over 400,000 on the clock has 2 heater hoses that are rock hard, been there so long I am scared of trying to remove them because I know the heater core is dirrectly behind them and the replacement of the hoses will no doubt fracture the heater core, dash out job or leave hoses and cross fingers they don't let go