Change background image

Troup Carrier Rear Discs

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Batts88, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Batts88

Batts88 Well-Known Member

Has any one seen the youtube video of Andrew St Pierre White where he shows the problem he has had with his latest troupes rear disc brakes he's not a happy man as you can understand. It popped up on youtube when I was searching have been watching his clips on and off for a couple of yrs first time I've seen this one.

dno67 and phs like this.
  2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

Funny enough my rear brakes have looks very similar from very low kms, they still work so i have not done anything about it but always thought it was odd.

80lover96gxl and Batts88 like this.
  3. Batts88

Batts88 Well-Known Member

The vid reminded me of a 2008 holden barina we bought new in 2008 and was only driven on road at 24,000km I noticed the front discs were not quite as bad as his but not far off. Was told they use cheap crappy discs that don't get machined just thrown out.
    I've never owned a 4WD though with disc that have ever looked as bad as his only minor wear after a hell of a lot of km off road. Something worth checking on your new vehicles and replace if needed.

4. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

They need to release a 2.8ltr 70 series, then go back to the drawing board.

phs, cam04 and discomatt like this.
  5. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

Anything with traction control/hill descent control etc which relies on the brakes preventing wheelspin/slip will suffer more rapid brake wear in off road situations. and throw in some mud, dust etc and you have even faster wear. . . which is why I like mechanical solutions like diff locks!

Rhett HS and dno67 like this.
  6. red hilux

red hilux Well-Known Member

7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Would have got more hits and replies if you spelt troop correct to start with mate ;)
    Troup is french for retreat from the circus lol.

8. Hoyks

Hoyks Well-Known Member

The mating grooves in the disk and pads will give more contact area and better braking. Its a feature!

As for his new and improved rotors, is that a dirty great crack at the 6.10 minute mark?

9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Didn't get that far , fell asleep

phs and Hoyks like this.
  10. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure if it was a crack or a pen mark.

11. Hoyks

Hoyks Well-Known Member

I skipped through and looked for the pictures.