Change background image

trouble on 12 wheels

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by ULost2, Apr 17, 2018.

1. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

Trouble on 12 wheels is what I thought when some youngsters in 3 4x4s showed up at a salty lake yesterday evening as I was about to leave after taking the camera for a walk --- haven't done that for awhile
    Anyway, I headed off, never gave them another thought until I returned to the same area today arvo. Well one of them did not get too far before getting bogged about a vehicle length into the "dry" salty black ****. Could have been worse; he could have got 1/2 way to wherever he was planning to go :rolleyes:.
    Not sure VicParks would have worried too much them using the signs; but I bet they are not too happy about the signs being left there 2018  00977.jpg 2018  00976.jpg 2018  00970.jpg

So for those who don't know; you might be able to walk on dry looking salty lakes; but that doesn't mean you can drive them.
    About as far as I could walk out there was to the top of the 1st pic. Even then I had to keep moving so I would not sink into the black slop

Spooner, 80lover96gxl and barcher like this.
  2. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

Pity all 3 didn't make out 50 metres more. . . they would still be there for the rangers to have a little "chat" with them!

Spooner and ULost2 like this.
  3. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

the panorama from the evening before 2018  00944.jpg

4. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

Thats a great pic, I could seee that as a poster on the wall easy!

5. Aza013

Aza013 Well-Known Member

That pic is going straight to the poolroom :)
    Top shot ULost2.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Which one was that at ?
    You see the same thing all around these , dumbo moron P-platers knocking down fences and getting stucked up , lol :D
    Salt Lake.jpg

80lover96gxl likes this.
  7. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

Cheers
    playing with the bike tracks -- that cloud wasn't there either ----- or the sky lol
    2018  00973-3.jpg

rogerazz likes this.
  8. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

Ranfurly; just outside Mildura; used for rain water run off . Not much of that around with still only 5mm this year

Spooner likes this.
  9. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

I thought the sky to the east was more interesting
    2018  00929-1.jpg
    Wasn't to bad over either
    follow that plane 3 On1.jpg
    But I had my idea of a black and white cloud pic
    follow that plane 4 Lr.jpg
    gotta go