Troopy workmate 2023

Garry grewal

Hi all,

What is the difference between Gxl and workmate Troopy on 2023 apart from seats
Also can we fit rear bench seat on workmate troopy

I have been waiting on GXL Troopy. Its been 22 months and got a call that they got cancellation on a Workmate troopy but salesman doesnt know the difference so i have to update before he passes out the order to next person waiting. Please help and thanks in advance.

LongRoad2Go

Hi all,

What is the difference between Gxl and workmate Troopy on 2023 apart from seats
Also can we fit rear bench seat on workmate troopy

I have been waiting on GXL Troopy. Its been 22 months and got a call that they got cancellation on a Workmate troopy but salesman doesnt know the difference so i have to update before he passes out the order to next person waiting. Please help and thanks in advance.
It does have dual diff locks and other stuff. Check this link and the various options:

Batts88

I'd be wondering why the salesman doesn't know what features different vehicle's have that is part of there job and it makes them look professional. I'd ask some other salsmen and buy it from the one that cares about selling expensive vehicle's so he gets the commission.

LongRoad2Go

According to that you WONT be getting difflocks
The Toyota website does things a 'bit different'. The Troopy only comes in Workmate and GXL - no GX option available. Consequently, the Workmate doesn't get the extras, but the GXL does because the box is ticked for the lockers = front and rear.

Also, the Troopy only comes in (3) colours, where the other models gets all (6) ... be nice if there was a green in the mix.

Last edited:

Albynsw

Can you even get a new 70 series at the moment or is Toyota still not delivering any?

Speaking to a maté yesterday who has a 200 but wants to change to a Troopy pop top and he said you can’t even place an order, the books are closed
I would think they will not open the books again until they introduce the new power plant

Garry grewal

F&R difflocks alone, worth waiting for. + consider the resale hit down the line....
Yes i let that workmate troopy go. Again dealer called today and pushing me to get the workmate which was a canceled order in a French vanilla colour and said it will be a swap for my gxl model and there won’t be any price change. So i had to refuse again. Felt bad but been waiting from over 22 months and settling on the base model doesn’t make any sense to me.

LongRoad2Go

Yes i let that workmate troopy go. Again dealer called today and pushing me to get the workmate which was a canceled order in a French vanilla colour and said it will be a swap for my gxl model and there won’t be any price change. So i had to refuse again. Felt bad but been waiting from over 22 months and settling on the base model doesn’t make any sense to me.
Glad to see you didn't buckle and let it go. I would've laughed in his face if he expected me to pay the GXL price for the poverty pack model.

Hope more people do that because it sends those arseholes a message.

I'm playing the waiting game too, meanwhile the dollars are gaining interest in the bank, so it's all roses.

LongRoad2Go

On a related matter: was speaking with my Niece's husband on the weekend. He and his brother each ordered a GXL dual cab 79 Series before the books closed. They each received a call from the Salesman the other day asking them to come into the office and sign approval forms for a cost rise because the vehicles are now selling for $93K, having increased due to 'changes and improvements'.

I'm guessing those 'changes and improvements' probably amount to year 2000 spec upgrades and maybe some obsolete plastic crap salvaged from the parts bins of other discontinued Toyota models. ;)

joshinthecity

Wow, this might be the first time I've considered my 2022 76 series to be good value.
What was the price when they originally ordered ?