Triton MR aka Grumblebee

malJohann

Keen to see these when you get them.
Sure thing! The bar work will be a while still, but want to get the crates soonest. I’ll be going for the Pelican Spacecase 520 series (made by Trimcast in Melbourne).

The 1040x45x45 (at the bottom in the image) fits nicely in between the wheel arches, and then there’s just enough space to add more down the length.

So I’m thinking two of those, with some 520x45x45’s stacked on top (they interlock) to add load versatility. It almost feels purpose made for the tub dimensions.

https://flic.kr/p/2kTVtQ7

Triton14

How about that picture mate? Want to solve this soon.
So very simple fix to make it more water tight & reduce the gap between the tailgate & the corner of the canopy & window.
Just picked up the thick foam from Bunnings.
20210430_135958.jpg

20210430_140425.jpg

John U

Sure thing! The bar work will be a while still, but want to get the crates soonest. I’ll be going for the Pelican Spacecase 520 series (made by Trimcast in Melbourne).

The 1040x45x45 (at the bottom in the image) fits nicely in between the wheel arches, and then there’s just enough space to add more down the length.

So I’m thinking two of those, with some 520x45x45’s stacked on top (they interlock) to add load versatility. It almost feels purpose made for the tub dimensions.

https://flic.kr/p/2kTVtQ7
How do you think the weight of the crates will compare to the weight of a set drawers when you've got all your stuff stashed?

malJohann

How do you think the weight of the crates will compare to the weight of a set drawers when you've got all your stuff stashed?
The crates are heavy, no doubt, but easy removal is a key requirement for me. Two of each crate (so 4 crates) weighs in at 45kg total.

Even my fridge, battery, and solar panel will be easily removable. For example, if I have a fridge slide, it’ll have quick release levers.

I don’t really care much for built-in stuff.

Last edited:

malJohann

So very simple fix to make it more water tight & reduce the gap between the tailgate & the corner of the canopy & window.
Nice! Makes you wonder why Flexiglass hasn’t fixed it themselves? Did you use 45x12mm or 75x10mm tape?

Last edited:

Triton14

Nice! Makes you wonder why Flexiglass hasn’t fixed it themselves? Did you use 45x12mm or 75x10mm tape?
Well you would think it should be better fitment really imo with what your paying for a canopy(most decent ones are 3.2K!) but it happens with many canopy makers I'd say.

Foam size, cant remember what it was as the sizing was on the original packaging, I could take a tape measure to it but its about nearly 50mm wide(2") & about 7mm thick.