Trip Report Vic Mt Dissapointment 18 Jan 09

Patriot

Administrator
Hey guys,

We kicked off about about 11:20 after waiting for the 1 late vehicle to turn up (sorry guys!), and some quick introductions. Big thanks to Inkpig and B!tch with Grunt for leading the way. They picked the tracks for the day and I think everyone had fun. We certainly did.

We kicked off at 5 ways and moved to some big bog holes. The tracks were pretty dry, but their was a fair bit of mud on some of the tracks. The ruts were pretty deep.

We played in a series of bog holes. There were 5 choices. Inkpig took the far right, which looked messy and proved to be :)

Inkpig and B!tch with Grunt certainly play hard and the recovery equipment good a good workout. Lots of snatching and the winches were out with half an hour of us starting off! Shovelboy played hard and so did Kingo. Lots of muddy vehicles by the end of the day.

Whilst we were playing there, a lone Pajero with his family came up, and he joined the crew until lunch.

There were heaps of kids and they enjoyed playing in all of the mud.

We took the chicken track which was still quite fun.

We stopped for lunch and after that found another big boghole to play in. This was lots of fun and where I got most of my mud.

After that we moved to the Ladder track. We went up this one. It was the hardest track I've done, but luckily the Maverick, the 33s and the 3 inch lift made up for any lack of experience :) Rocky from the start, it had a big rut in the centre so we went up the centre straddling it, until we had to drop the right wheels into it and the Maverick too on a distinct lean, that was OK until the rut went left and to avoid a tree that had fallen on part of the track we had to drop the right wheels into the right. Almost at the top I stalled it, I don't know how because all the hard work had been done, but a quick restart and up the last 50 meters and we where there. The track was a lot of fun and was my highlight for the day.

All of the places with the exception of the Ladder where great for drivers of different skills as there were multiple choices of tracks around bogholes if you didn't want to get too muddy (and bogged) :). We had good fun, but that place would be much better and much worse after a good rain!

Thanks to everyone that came along, it was a great trip. Lots of dirty vehicles and no vehicle damage :) Tina and myself had a great time. The kids had a great time too. William says Hi to Robin and Lizzie went to bed asking when she would see 'the pink girl'.

Thanks again guys and gals.

James

PS Will post photos hopefully tomorrow.

James

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
sounds like you lot had heaps of fun cant wait to see the photos i hope theres lots with vehicle stuck in the mud they always make great photo ops
cheers rob

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Well done James

And Inkpig and BWG for organising. Can't wait to see the Mav covered in mud.

Nick

Muddy GQ

Thanks for the great day yesturday guys & gals.
Had a ball, great to get the GQ MUDDY:D.
Just got home, car running on 6volts. Fuel pump almost stopped.
anyway, hope to see you all on another mud filled track somewhere
Angus

Thanks for the great day yesturday guys & gals.
Had a ball, great to get the GQ MUDDY:D.
Just got home, car running on 6volts. Fuel pump almost stopped.
anyway, hope to see you all on another mud filled track somewhere
Angus

Was good to meet new people glad you had a great time.. Keep in touch im sure there will be more MUD to be found in the not to distant future hehe

kingo

Hey guys,

We kicked off about about 11:20 after waiting for the 1 late vehicle to turn up (sorry guys!), and some quick introductions. Big thanks to Inkpig and B!tch with Grunt for leading the way. They picked the tracks for the day and I think everyone had fun. We certainly did.

We kicked off at 5 ways and moved to some big bog holes. The tracks were pretty dry, but their was a fair bit of mud on some of the tracks. The ruts were pretty deep.

We played in a series of bog holes. There were 5 choices. Inkpig took the far right, which looked messy and proved to be :)

Inkpig and B!tch with Grunt certainly play hard and the recovery equipment good a good workout. Lots of snatching and the winches were out with half an hour of us starting off! Shovelboy played hard and so did Kingo. Lots of muddy vehicles by the end of the day.

Whilst we were playing there, a lone Pajero with his family came up, and he joined the crew until lunch.

There were heaps of kids and they enjoyed playing in all of the mud.

We took the chicken track which was still quite fun.

We stopped for lunch and after that found another big boghole to play in. This was lots of fun and where I got most of my mud.

After that we moved to the Ladder track. We went up this one. It was the hardest track I've done, but luckily the Maverick, the 33s and the 3 inch lift made up for any lack of experience :) Rocky from the start, it had a big rut in the centre so we went up the centre straddling it, until we had to drop the right wheels into it and the Maverick too on a distinct lean, that was OK until the rut went left and to avoid a tree that had fallen on part of the track we had to drop the right wheels into the right. Almost at the top I stalled it, I don't know how because all the hard work had been done, but a quick restart and up the last 50 meters and we where there. The track was a lot of fun and was my highlight for the day.

All of the places with the exception of the Ladder where great for drivers of different skills as there were multiple choices of tracks around bogholes if you didn't want to get too muddy (and bogged) :). We had good fun, but that place would be much better and much worse after a good rain!

Thanks to everyone that came along, it was a great trip. Lots of dirty vehicles and no vehicle damage :) Tina and myself had a great time. The kids had a great time too. William says Hi to Robin and Lizzie went to bed asking when she would see 'the pink girl'.

Thanks again guys and gals.

James

PS Will post photos hopefully tomorrow.

James

James i love the fact i got a mention in the report;), but i think you might be mixing me up with PHS(Phil) or Angus.:D
P.S. i posted some photos on the other thread last night. i will try and do the same on here tonight:D

phs

^^^^^^^ i think it might have been you smashing tree roots!

all i did was get stuck twice in the same hole, then some smuck in a GQ showed me up damb nissan's

Patriot

Administrator
Here are the photos!!!!

IMG_0880.jpg

Here is Inkpig, leading the way through the hardest of the 5 tracks through the first set of bogs.

IMG_0882.jpg

Slowly getting there...

IMG_0884.jpg

A bit of winch and lots of revs win the day!

IMG_0887.jpg

All of the kids had lots of fun playing in the mud and dust.

IMG_0890.jpg

Here is phs giving the bog hole on the left a good hard go. Twice. But it was all good fun!

IMG_0895.jpg

Stiff competition for muddiest rig of the day and this one is of to a great start.

IMG_0897.jpg

This was the mud hole that we tackled after lunch. Lots of fun.

IMG_0899.jpg

Lots of great mud! This was good fun. I think this was in the centre of the mud holes and right about here was a large tree root to negotiate.

IMG_0904.jpg

Great mud!

IMG_0910.jpg

It was very dusty in some parts.

IMG_0911.jpg

This is the start of the ladder.

IMG_0915.jpg

BWG negotiating her way up the ladder.

IMG_0921.jpg

Airing up at the end.

IMG_0923.jpg

The Maverick, sadly one of the cleaner trucks of the day. Hopefully next time I will get really stuck in the mud.

IMG_0924.jpg

This is Angus's Patrol. I think it was the dirtiest truck by the end of the day. He certainly went hard!

Lots of mud and fun for all!

Thanks again to Inkpig and BWG!

James

Last edited:

phs

dont forget where you got stuck and this B!tch had to save you hehe

yeah im not bad at getting stuck in the mud.. i was going to put it into revease and pull you back in to it. but i didnt want to scare ya......

Last edited:

phs

james top photos mate.... i really should have pulled my camera out a few more times.
spew'n i didnt get to go up ladder in the group, i did wait at the top of it for a bit but no sign of any 4by's....

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
well James the mav has played hard with the big boys and girls and survived too

glad to see you are using it for what you bought it for