Trip Report - South Coast Magic (warning lot of photos)

darb

Bit of a trip report from a week or so down on south coast in around Bremer. Bloody magic down there, didn't get to explore anywhere near all of the bremer area, but will be heading down again for sure.

East Bremer with +1 +master, we didn't see another person the entire day.

He was pretty keen to hit the beach

Camping (easy camping) at a deserted caravan park. Not a soul around, dead quiet, was eerie to start with.

too cool for school

---

My friends arrived down a later day, decided to go trekking through rarely used tracks to find a place called PepperMint beach.
Was worth the scratches.

GPS tracks from this part

---
Back to base and off for an arvo fishing evening with the boys.

---
Decided to head to a place pretty far off the beaten track, about a 10km beach run, then some steep and narrow tracks down to a place called Stream beach (natural fresh water

stream onto the beach).

beaut thing with layout of these bays is no matter which way the wind direction is, you can escape.

Also, happened to get engaged on this beach :)

--

Ran into one of my cousins per chance in township, turns out he was heading out to Bremer Canyon (was on a an SBS documentary a while ago about the killer whales having bit

fights wtih great whites, colossal squid and so forth. 38km out to sea... a spot of fishing on the way. I never, ever, get sea sick... but i was pretty green this day, i

blame bourbon the night before...

Killer Whales

Mother with her calf

--
We had a fair few hellish nights with master who seems to no longer require sleep (but of course throws sleep deprived tantrums), so a nice easy day at a little nook hiding

out from 25knot easterlies ... sitting back with music, bourbon and good friends

Best present ever bought for the +1 she reckons, a jet boil for cuppa's on the beach.

--

Decided to check out a lake / estuary inland from beach for a change ... managed to catch a turtle (fortunately he lived to tell his mates)

so much more down there that we didn't get a chance to explore (mainly on the count of young ones tiring us out a little)... but there's always next time :)

The End.

BarKer

Thanks for that... this weekend I got to mow, wash, clean, polish and vacuum...:(

Great pics :)

prawns

Awesome photos as per usual Darb :D

Some cracker fish in there too, that area looks like a amazing place to explore mate :)

80lover96gxl

Incredible pic's darb, geez you have some beautiful coastline over there, loved the pic of the perfect little right hander.

Easy to see why your heading back there.

03GV

Beautiful, I could easily live there! The area around Bremer is so good, and like you say you see noone! Those killer whales wouldve been cool, on our south coast trip we saw stacks of southern rights as we did ours in winter.

smitty_r51

fabulous photos as always...

was it your report in this months Overlander too...looked like your photos and truck

darb

Probably yep , actually from about 14 months ago but took me a while to write and submit.
Will do a proper one on this trip eventually.

** Sent from tapatalk**

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Looks sensational

yep I was working too but I guess someone's got to have fun :)

good onya for taking the young one too

cheers

darb

Looks sensational

yep I was working too but I guess someone's got to have fun :)

good onya for taking the young one too

cheers
we take him everywhere ... this was our proper long camping trip with him ... which nearly killed us!

SHorter term camping trips when he was about 6 months old was easier, but 14 months old and a week in a tent nearly killed us ... just this particular age and stage he's in was harrdddd work.

MIght just get a big house next time, day trip to beaches and such (no different to caravan park in town anyway).