Treds

4x4nosrub

I purchased a pair of tred recovery devices. ( cheaper than Maxi tracks ) I got bogged on the beach at Nelson the other day ,and on the second attempt at recovery was successful but heard a cracking noise . On inspection found one of them had broken the reinforcing underneath . Has anyone else had a problem or heard of this being a weakness with these units ?. Was only in soft sand and was taking it easy . First time i used them not impressed .

Swaggie

Hi

That's no good mate , have you contacted the manufacturer/seller, I'm sure they would be interested in the issue, how old and do you have proof of purchase etc..

4x4nosrub

Yes got them from Aldi will replace or refund ok ,but was interested to know if was a problem with them . Cos then i'll spend the extra bucks on the maxi's instead

Swaggie

Yes got them from Aldi will replace or refund ok ,but was interested to know if was a problem with them . Cos then i'll spend the extra bucks on the maxi's instead
Yeah no worries that's fair enough, you could still contact Tred though and have a chat, my advice would be, get a refund and wait till Max Trax come on special or source them at a 4wd show..

Goodluck ;)

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Agree with Swaggie mate, I've used mine numerous times including getting myself intentially bogged and the Maxtrax have always got me out and no signs of breaking.

Buy the best recovery gear you can as it can save you big time

cheers

FODFA

Yep I would say ditch the TREDS and go the Maxtrax, the treds splitting is fairly common from what I hear. One example below.

Cheers Andrew

dukejensen

Are you sure they were TRED's? As I was unaware that ALDI sold TRED's, I had a set of the ALDI sand track's (not TRED's) and they also broke the first time I used them. I got a refund and bought a set of TRED's from Supercheap. I have used the TRED's a few times without an issue.