traveling work around AUS

BILLBY

my partner and I are heading off for another trip ,but we are looking to do this more often but we would too earn as we go so as to spend more away time .
We are /have applied at a remote roadhouse in the SA which would allow to us explore on days off give us a income , seeking simiiar all over the country would like to see your links too such activities ,say house sitting ,managing van parks .I want to travel the breath of this country my kids are out and I travelled lots as a young lad on the thumb .
So please if you have ideas or links or even contacts that require a hard working couple with skills (trade) good with animals of all types time on hands please PM us or just leave your link or idea for us or other who may follow this thread
:cool:

Swaggie

my partner and I are heading off for another trip ,but we are looking to do this more often but we would too earn as we go so as to spend more away time .
We are /have applied at a remote roadhouse in the SA which would allow to us explore on days off give us a income , seeking simiiar all over the country would like to see your links too such activities ,say house sitting ,managing van parks .I want to travel the breath of this country my kids are out and I travelled lots as a young lad on the thumb .
So please if you have ideas or links or even contacts that require a hard working couple with skills (trade) good with animals of all types time on hands please PM us or just leave your link or idea for us or other who may follow this thread

Hiya Bill

Theres a fair bit of info through the threads on exploreoz..This question just come up recently...

Traveller

4x4 Earth Contributer
Worth a look into the caravan(loosely) park at the Daly River - Dick Perry runs a park there, great bloke - love a red wine and a bourbon was even better!!
He uses a traveller or two to help him out at times, well worth a look mate..
Catch the Experience::perry's on the Daly Northern Territory Australia
Never knew about the link untill now, but have been there, cooked a roast for him and would have stayed longer if we had the time!! Great people, great place!!

Jeep_jk112

This would have to be the only reason why i want to learn how to operate a grader.
Dirt roads all over the country that need scraping:D

BILLBY

yeah go the grader

I hear you ,thats why carring a trade will help ,and swaggie nothing wrong with that info or links happening here ?

80lover96gxl

The wife and i travelled a fair bit following the fruit season when we first met in the late 80s early 90s.
Met in vic picking pears' then onto apples in tumbarumba and batlow, then oranges in gaynda and finaly tomatoes and mangos in bowen.
The picking itself was quite labor intensive but if you can get on the tractors halling the fruit bins to and from the shed its money for jam, you can stay on the orchards cheap as and the fascilites are often quite good.
We met some fantastic people (my wife for one) ,saw some fantistic country and had a ball in the process. You wont make a fortune but you can make some decent coin, enough for some savings and enough to keep you on the road for a while.
Just a thought, good luck with your travels, my wife and i plan to do similar when our kids leave the nest.

Cheers,
Brian.

ChallengeLee

There are quite a few website designated to working/travelling holidays now.
I just googled travelling work and found about 3 Australian based ones.
www.workaboutaustralia.com.au was the first on the list.
I couldn't think of a better way to see Australia myself :D

Sent from my smartphone via tapatalk and the wonder of blondness :0)