Change background image

Travel Buddy Oven Trays

Discussion in 'Spares and Accessories' started by Pubski, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Pubski

Pubski Member

Since people have been asking. I've made a few trays to fit large travel buddy ovens.
    I also have a prototype for the smaller oven being tested.
    Can fit 2 in an oven great for anything from roast to chips.
    Made from 1.2mm stainless with tig welded edges. (may be some discolouration of ineternal weld but will clean off with scourer or steel wool).
    I will potentially make more if enoigh interest they be done in batches of about min 4. Material may vary slightly in thickness and finish
    I have been told they rattle a bit i would suggest using tinfoil to pack it if the rattling annoys you.
    Currently have 4 available price is $30 each or 2 for $50.
    Large and small will be same price as material cost is negligible.

Pick up available in pakenham after hours or Carrum Downs during business hours. Postage Australia wide.

Will accept payment via PayPal or Bank Deposit whichever you prefer.
    Cheers Rory

Attached Files:

stevemc181, PradoDave and Mr Rum like this.
  2. Pubski

Pubski Member

So went to Post Office and got some prices. For australia wide its easier and cheaper for me to post using prepaid satchels.

Large tray fit in the 5kg satchel which is $17.60 and i can fit 2 trays in each one.
    The smaller trays fit in the 3kg satchel and they are $13.60 each.

Melbourne Metro I can post for $11

barnsey062 likes this.
  3. Pubski

Pubski Member

First 4 sold and sent out, i have a new batch of 9 underway potentially 6 sold already. If you're interested please pm me

mac_man_luke likes this.
  4. Pubski

Pubski Member

New Batch of 9 is done 6 are sold 2 more Pending payment aswell.
    I have 2 trays left from this batch. If people are interested please me know there might be some lead time on next batch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  5. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

Got mine today, they are great! Heavy duty!
    Be interesting to see if they add much to the cooking time

dno67 likes this.
  6. Pubski

Pubski Member

No dramas mate i think once they're up to temp they should be fine. Personally when we do sausage rolls (home made of coarse) i don't find it makes much of a difference. things like roasts, chips potato gems hash browns i think it'd be ok.
    Pies i prefer to leave the top rack in (tray in place of bottom) and put pies on that way the bottom harden up.

The Stainless is 1.2mm we actually use it to make trays for Tender Choice Foods usually about 100 at a time. If i can find some thinner gauge maybe 0.9mm i might make next batch out of that.

mac_man_luke likes this.
  7. mac_man_luke

yea dont see it being a problem at all but yet i doubt lighter would be a problem too.

8. stevemc181

stevemc181 Well-Known Member

Mine turned up for the small travel buddy today, awesome fit, thanks Pubski! It always usd to annoy me trying to get something out of the oven when hot, these trays will be ideal with the handle on them. Just slide in and out no problem, and the occasional spilt mess from an overflowing pie etc, will be easy to clean up

sharkcaver likes this.
  9. sharkcaver

sharkcaver Well-Known Member

haha, I have the trays already and my travel Buddy marine arrives tomorrow. Chicko Rolls, Corn Jacks and oven fries coming up. My heart and arteries can get stuffed :eek:

10. Pubski

Pubski Member

If Anyone is interested i finished another batch of trays today. Have 16 large and 8 small trays ready to go.
    These are same material as last time. Probably done a bit better job on the welding as I've got a system worked out now and seems to give consistent results.

Attached Files:

stevemc181 likes this.
  11. mac_man_luke

those welds look very nice (not that the previous ones looked bad)

12. sharkcaver

sharkcaver Well-Known Member

The old ones didn't look bad at all IMO - well mine didn't anyway. I've been giving my TB a workout these last few weeks, run inside on a 12V power supply. In fact, I had a chicko roll, wedges and some pepper squid for lunch.

But I found two trays was too much. It takes a long time to get the top tray up to temp. With uneven temps, you have to manage your food stuffs accordingly. If the oven was pre heated for an hour before use, it may be ok - I never tried that. So I've just stuck with the tray on the bottom and the rack on top. Dunno what I'll do with my second tray now.

That said, these trays turn a great product into awesomeness.