Training Day for Newbies @ Loveday

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
Gday All,

I have posted elsewhere where I will offer some basic 4wd training to the members of 4x4Earth in a very casual session. I'm not a "learn as you go" I have studied the necessary qualifications to train this officially.
I have chosen Loveday because it has all terrains. Geez, it's been a while since I've gone back and I always have a good time there.
The session will be informative for the newbies and hopefully some of the more experienced will benefit from it too. I have found that even the very widely travelled ones have been doing the wrong thing for years and so far somehow fluked it to not have had any accidents. The normal sessions are a very full-on, two day course with tyre changes, cabin safety, preparations, first aid, bush mechanics...etc. What I will do will be a compressed version just to get some folk started. It will involve a short presentation, a drive around, a snatch recovery and some good laughs. You will be amazed at just what your vehicle can do once you have the techniques and confidence. You will not get any national qualification out of this but I will give you all the information on how you can obtain it officially.

Date: 20, 21, 22 Sept.
Meet: Loveday Tavern 1130.
Cost will be $40 track fees just for the Saturday and if you wanted to stay the night and then drive the next day, $60.

Attendees;
Luke, Lindsay, Les, Chris, Daniel, Nick
& my tinnie

Last edited:

80lover96gxl

I could be in if its sat the 6th, could probably use a little refresher now and then .
Been a long time since I did my training, 7 yrs I reckon.

Cardy George

I'm keen! Probably more so for the 20th/21st as we're heading to Adeliade that weekend. But we're only 1 1/2 hours from Loveday anyway so we can make the 6th work too.

But be warned, we are absolute total Noobs, and the sum total of our recovery gear is 1 long handled shovel........

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm keen! Probably more so for the 20th/21st as we're heading to Adeliade that weekend. But we're only 1 1/2 hours from Loveday anyway so we can make the 6th work too.

But be warned, we are absolute total Noobs, and the sum total of our recovery gear is 1 long handled shovel........
No worries George, I'll supply all the gear. You can still bring your shovel though.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Good onya Rick, what a great offer to make for the Earthers here.
Haven't been to Lovedays as yet, will be there no probs any of those dates mentioned.

I suppose with a trip the SE beaches first weekend Oct, perhaps Sat 6th Sept would be a good one to even out the spaces a bit for some.

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'd be in that Rick but think 20th Sept puts it a little farther away from the big winter trip up north
Gotta keep the strife somewhat happy :rolleyes:
One weekend home then away again might be a push

Last edited:

mills63

Hi Rick I would be keen for the 6th as going away for the school hols the week after the 20th. This would be great as been a learn as you go person so far.

I have not been up there as yet and probably stay the night down on the river and have a morning drive on the Sunday.

Thanks
Steve

d22navara

Hey Rick
Yeah I'd like to be in that. Dates not really important to me, as long as I know 2 or 3weeks ahead.

4CnrWC

If it's on the 6th I would like to come on this. I'm a newbie and have thoroughly enjoyed the couple of runs I've been on with the guys so far. I would like some training on the correct use of the gear I have so far.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
The 6th is nearly 2 weeks from the Winter trip, pity following weekend dates aren't mentioned, Rick might have something on.

Loveday is (or can be) just a day trip too, so perhaps not a biggy soon after Winter trip.

80lover96gxl

The 6th is nearly 2 weeks from the Winter trip, pity following weekend dates aren't mentioned, Rick might have something on.

Loveday is (or can be) just a day trip too, so perhaps not a biggy soon after Winter trip.
Yeah some great camping on the river mate in several locations.

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
"The 6th is nearly 2 weeks from the Winter trip"
Yes that is correct
Perhaps I should have said One Weekend home then away again might be a push
Don't know about others but I can't seem to get too many home duties done after work being Winter Raining and Dark
For me, Just 1 weekend between the 2 trips could be pushing it with the strife

"pity following weekend dates aren't mentioned, Rick might have something on."
Rick wrote : "Tentative dates will be for either Saturday 6th Sept, Saturday 20th Sept or a possible Sunday 21st Sept."

Rick gave Tentative dates : My personal preference is therefore the 20th

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
"pity following weekend dates aren't mentioned, Rick might have something on."
Rick wrote : "Tentative dates will be for either Saturday 6th Sept, Saturday 20th Sept or a possible Sunday 21st Sept."
Yes, I mean the following weekend either Sat 13th or Sun 14th was not mentioned, which is more between other trips.