Tracks close to Perth

CAS

I am looking for some track information for the Dwellingup or Jarrahdale areas of WA to take some novice 4WDers out for a bit of fun. Any suggestions?.

Dodgy dingo

Hi

Hema have a book out, Day trips from Perth, haven't got it myself yet but will do soon.

4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com/dwellingup.html page might be of interest to you. Cant link it as a hyper-link just yet.

Dingo

CAS

Day trips out of Peth

Hi

Hema have a book out, Day trips from Perth, haven't got it myself yet but will do soon.

4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com/dwellingup.html page might be of interest to you. Cant link it as a hyper-link just yet.

Dingo
I have 4WD Days out of Perth, if that is the one you are referring to, but have found most to be just soft roader tracks. Will try 4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com.

Cheers

CAS

I have 4WD Days out of Perth, if that is the one you are referring to, but have found most to be just soft roader tracks. Will try 4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com.

Cheers
I have just checked out 4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com. The Dwellingup trip looks interesting. Will give it a go with a few friends.

Thanks for the info.

red hilux

also, go to a rays outdoor's place. Ask for a book ccalled "4wd day trips out of Perth"

There are a few trips on there like ""Up the Murray"" which is mostly the captain fawcett track. There are a few more trips that do that area your looking for.

I would advice to download hema maps or mud maps or what ever before heading out in the bush there.

Ive done a track in that book that has been blocked by trees and had to find another way out as it was a long way to back track

Cuvier100

Dwellingup tourist centre has maps. For example the Nanga Heritage trail is Ok but again is suitable for a soft roader. The tracks are more challenging down Harvey/Brunswick way. Most of the 4WD tracks in the Dwellingup area are not assessible (closed).

red hilux

In that book. The trip from Baden Powell to yarloop was in passable when I did it a year ago.

Massive trees came down and closed of the road

CAS

Ok. I will put that on the to do list as well. Looks like good area even if not too challenging.