tracks around toowoomba

18lux

hi,
im on the south side of toowoomba visiting family for a while and am wondering if anyone knows of any 4x4 tracks around the area. any medium to hard would be great. cheers

CTL

Janowen 4WD park in the Goomburra Valley about an hour south. Also Gordon Country has some easier stuff a few kms past Janowen.
South of Stanthorpe, with entry via Ballandean is Sundown National Park, about 2 hours south of Tmba. Allow 90 minutes to drive the18kms to Burrows Waterhole and then if you want harder, drive the Rats Castle circuit.

cam04

There used to be a track called Gormans gap and the camels hump (being a rock that you have to drive over) dropping off the side of the range just south of Ruthven st. Don’t know if it still exists. All black soil so it would be a Sleigh ride at the moment.

Petunia

There used to be a track called Gormans gap and the camels hump (being a rock that you have to drive over) dropping off the side of the range just south of Ruthven st. Don’t know if it still exists. All black soil so it would be a Sleigh ride at the moment.
Closed to traffic, many many moons ago for revegetation at the bottom end, the top end is about 12 feet long as well.

If you map Gormans rd and Kiepes rd at their junction is Cooks rd that is shown to go to Flagstone ck road. I say ''shown'' as I have been in from Flagstone end until it turns to clay then drops into the Abyss .... Obviously there are traffic marks in the Abyss, but I don't know if it goes through, or you need return up the way you fell ah drove in?:cool:

Petunia

Search out a place called Fifteen Mile, very oddly it is on Fifteen Mile road, out of Murphies creek, allegedly you can go from there to Geham up a track, or simply get lost round Fifteen mile for a few hours. :cool: