Tracking around the Grampians

kruzaman

Hi guy's, The bride and I are looking at a trip around the Grampians NP for the NSW school holidays. If any members have any information on good camp sites and things you would'nt miss, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Kruzaman

road rat

Hi guy's, The bride and I are looking at a trip around the Grampians NP for the NSW school holidays. If any members have any information on good camp sites and things you would'nt miss, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Kruzaman
right near halls gap you have lake lonsdale they have a good camp ground wasnt much water in there last time i was there great yabbies though you do best getting them at night and if you do go walking in the water be carefull ther is a chanel through the middle and some big holes as well also its not in the grampians but lake hindmarsh is great and albacutya witch is right beside wyperfeld national park and the big desert there is some great tracks, there is a list for there in the tracks section on here

slandells

We love camping at Jimmy Creek south of Halls gap. There are some tracks around there too, but haven't been up there since getting a 4by, so not too sure how good they are. There are drop loo's and the creek, great walking tracks etc...

Fees for camping are payable at the info centre in Halls Gap...

Triplayhard

Yeah Jimmies creek is a good one. there are walks out of the spot up and along the ridges.. it's about 40km south of halls gap on the right. there are two little blue signs (at 100km/h they can be hard to see)indicating the site. If you go much further south the forest is still burnt out and ash ridden.