Track report on some tracks nth of Bainnsdale

fuzzychops

This trip was done last Tuesday by a very experienced driver with a double locked GU Patrol running thirtyfives, lifted and crawler gears. If he said its scary, its scary!
Haunted Stream, which hadn't suffered much from the recent rains, then around to Camms Top Place. Part of Messmate spur had been bulldozed, Danes Link track has had a bulldozer along it from Messmate South to Danes track and is now a firebreak. Danes track has been bulldozed, Wild Horse Creek track and Pheasant Track have been dozed and are now firebreaks. Waynes Track has been dozed and has been turned into a firebreak to Killgowers, Mt Steve Track has been dozed and is now a firebreak. Friday Spur Track down to Wallers Hut has been dozed and is now a fire break. Storers Track from Wallers Hut has been dozed into a firebreak. All these tracks have significant water run offs, Which has made them much steeper, especially Danes Link Track. They also have sections of off camber which are soft, slippery and scary. At the moment Danes Link and Friday Spur are down only and some of that will be out of control. Hortons Crossing was also checked out but not used due to the current flow. Take care if organising a trip into that area. Fuzzy chops.

Swaggie

This trip was done last Tuesday by a very experienced driver with a double locked GU Patrol running thirtyfives, lifted and crawler gears. If he said its scary, its scary!
Haunted Stream, which hadn't suffered much from the recent rains, then around to Camms Top Place. Part of Messmate spur had been bulldozed, Danes Link track has had a bulldozer along it from Messmate South to Danes track and is now a firebreak. Danes track has been bulldozed, Wild Horse Creek track and Pheasant Track have been dozed and are now firebreaks. Waynes Track has been dozed and has been turned into a firebreak to Killgowers, Mt Steve Track has been dozed and is now a firebreak. Friday Spur Track down to Wallers Hut has been dozed and is now a fire break. Storers Track from Wallers Hut has been dozed into a firebreak. All these tracks have significant water run offs, Which has made them much steeper, especially Danes Link Track. They also have sections of off camber which are soft, slippery and scary. At the moment Danes Link and Friday Spur are down only and some of that will be out of control. Hortons Crossing was also checked out but not used due to the current flow. Take care if organising a trip into that area. Fuzzy chops.

Hi
I found Storers track was fine apart from the deep ruts near the river end..
Friday Spur had double tracks going up the first Hill from Wallers Hut, the right side was a chicken track the other much harder and it's fairly steep, very steep on the Rooftop Map, had to winch as I lost traction and momentum half way up,:eek:, The top of Friday to Steve's Track was overgrown and plenty of sticks about on the track (also surprised to see a wild dog there too running along the track for awhile) and down to Waynes track in ok condition, I guess theyve just made it easier...

Cheers for the heads up, they had fires in there just after the New Year, I guess they did a few more tracks..

fuzzychops

Tracks condition

How long since you were there these conditions are only 2 weeks old so are mostly different to when we were there last, the conditions were as you say last time we were there in November but a large amount of track work has been done recently.
Fuzzy Chops

DaveTrees

There was a fairly major bushfire in the Danes Track area back in January, hence all the dozer work & subsequent drainage runoffs etc.

Swaggie

How long since you were there these conditions are only 2 weeks old so are mostly different to when we were there last, the conditions were as you say last time we were there in November but a large amount of track work has been done recently.
Fuzzy Chops

Hi mate

I was in the area at Xmas, I didn't do storers, Friday etc then, also late Feb although because of the fires we were restricted to go into any area east of Dargo really, prior to that about a year ago... Yeah I understand most of the track work has been recent..I've been constantly looking at the VicFire App., usually fires there's grader work . Waynes track near Jones Rd is a bit off camber but I don't recall the others being to bad, also a lot of that area is rocky Shaley stuff so with a bit of rain it may compact., I know this can be soft when freshly graded . I'll have to go look now you have me entrigued... Lol

I still have to do most of the tracks in the Depford area,.. So that's next season.. ;)

fuzzychops

Depthford tracks

Let us know when you are coming down this way and we may be able to catch up and have a meal and do a trip together.

Fuzzy Chops

Swaggie

Let us know when you are coming down this way and we may be able to catch up and have a meal and do a trip together.

Fuzzy Chops

Yeah no worries mate sounds like a plan, have to catch up with Depford too.. I mostly hit the tracks during the week, not sure if it's suited to you, if not maybe I could organise a Sunday in there for a day out..

Won't be heading out again till the track reopens from seasonal closures.. You coming to Otooles in November??