Track and Campsite submissions info and questions thread

Eightyeight

You guys do understand that every effort is being put towards the new site going live in the coming months? Highly unlikely that this one will be receiving anything other than basic maintenance before it becomes obsolete. Patience is a virtue.. or so I'm told? :D

Yeah fair enough.

Not complaining, simply reporting. Especially if it prevents any carry-over...

Checkout my ride in My Colorado build Thread!!!

underdog

Yeah fair enough.
Not complaining, simply reporting. Especially if it prevents any carry-over...

All good mate, I'm pretty terrible with remembering usernames that are regulars vs those that aren't. Was just making sure in case any of those infrequent users who post here weren't aware :)

Last edited:

boobook

I see 3 major issues with the tracks.

1)All my points from the old website have gone to zero.
2)You can zoom in but there is no zoom out on the map( firefox and Chrome)
3)I can't make comments unless I sing in with disgus, facebook, google or twatter. I done use these so can't make comments on tracks. What is wrong with my 4x4 earth login which does not work?

groomie1

I cant find the gps log files for tracks anymore have they been moved or still being fixed up with the new site

Peterng

I have a simple question, for that I apologise, for I am trying to upload 4 campsites, that I have used in East Arnhem Land, but I am having a devil of a time trying to accomplish this.
My question: What is the procedure or system to undertake for adding a campsite?

steve223

I have a simple question, for that I apologise, for I am trying to upload 4 campsites, that I have used in East Arnhem Land, but I am having a devil of a time trying to accomplish this.
My question: What is the procedure or system to undertake for adding a campsite?
this hasn't worked for years

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
It's a shame this seems to have been given up on, apparently the new site format isn't compatible.
Think now you can access what was there before a site 'upgrade' some years ago, but no more uploading etc, and not sure about tracks available to download.

Reactions: abw

hiluxdriver

I was sent a rather abrupt email (to a rather abrupt question lol) that implied cost was the major hurdle in hetting the tracks section working again.

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
I was sent a rather abrupt email (to a rather abrupt question lol) that implied cost was the major hurdle in hetting the tracks section working again.
Might be beneficial for the sender of that email to explain this to the forum then. In my opinion at least, it isn't very professional when it seems these questions are mostly just ignored by those in the know. Comes across a bit too 4WDSC for my liking.

If cost really is the reason, I like Les' suggested solution. I'd be willing to throw some funds in a hat if the opportunity was offered.

hiluxdriver

There have been a few requests put forward publicly for an update on the tracks section that have been ignored. We know it fell over when the site was updated but that was what, 18 or more months ago now?
Slogan should be changed to, "looking for a good podcast" in the interim.

stevea73

So, does adding campsites work? My workshop link just brings a few errors up and does nothing. So I can't add any of the sites we visited at xmas.