Toyota LandCruiser BJ70 1988

phs

Toyota LandCruiser BJ70, 1988

Good Points
3B diesel motor great engin brakeing, short wheel base. 3 seater. good room in back cabin

Bad Points
rear doors rattle a bit over bumps in the road, lack of power!!! has plenty down low low but not much els, could do with a turbo

What mods have you done?
lifted, 31inch mick T's muddies every day 33"procomp muddies for the weekends away, 170 lightforce spotties and 3440 GME UHF

What mods are on the list to do?
turbo kit (still weighing up if its worth the head aches in the future)
and bigger tyres but need a turbo first to turn them

Why did you buy this vehicle?
for work but now im haveing too much fun in it 4bying.

How often do you go offroad?
as much as i can in between, plumbing the mrs and fishing.

What will your next vehicle be?
new 75 series TD or LC70 mid wheel base only cause they dont make the SWB's any more

Attachments

• IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 401
  • otway4x43.jpg
    otway4x43.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_4427.jpg
    IMG_4427.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

centaur

Toyota LandCruiser BJ70, 1988

What mods have you done?
lifted, 31inch mick T's muddies

What mods are on the list to do?
turbo kit (still weighing up if its worth the head aches in the future)
IPF lights, UHF, 34 or 35 inch muddies

Nice lookin rig, mate. I have a 60 series, that has 31's, steel bar, etc. Next is a 2" lift and anti inversion shackles, and then a winch to help me out of my mistakes.....

phs

i thought id post an update , got a set of 33's procomp mud terrian's as a weekend only set sit have the 31 micky thompsons for every day.

got some light force 170's and a GME 3440 UHF....

today the new tyres went really well the only problem i had was 1 big hill climb just keep't loseing all power up it hit it in low 2nd at 3500rpms half way up have to drop it back into 1st and just not enought speed to jump my way up the the slippy rutted track had 8 go's just could nt get the power , on the last crack i jumped into a tree at about 40kms smashed my bull bar cracked a weld , so ill be needing a new bar soon as i wont be able to snach on the shackel as the welds broke..... good day apart from the TREE!!!!!! .....

so i relised i really need a turbo kit as i did think off road it has enought grunt, but the long steep climbs it just die's , other than that its fine, just the really long steep climbs

4x4my.jpg

justaguy

great truck.. i love my Middy, The 1980's were Kind to Landruiser.... you just cant beat those FJ / BJ 7X serries

jack48

Good little rig, put a Commodore 3.8 V6 echo Tech in it, and nothing stops it, only your right foot, :D:D

Have nearly end for ended mine a few times since the lockers went in, :eek::eek: too much power, but mine is an LJ 71, SWB import, they are a fun rig :D:D