Toyota Landcruiser 1999

evren1

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER, 1999

Good Points
It was a stock standard GXL when I bought it 2 years ago that had 70000 km's on it, and never been offroad. Basically it was a mums taxi, and for me it was the find of the century because it was a blank canvas that I could turn into a beast for 4wding and touring.

Bad Points
very thirsty as it is 4.5L petrol, auto, but I love the power for sand driving and seeing the price of diesel makes me feel better!
also, the only way I could keep the missus out of it was to buy her a new car!

What mods have you done?
ARB bull bar with twin 240 light force spotties. ARB rock sliders/steps.
ARB rear bar with single wheel carrier and jerry carrier. Tracklander full length alloy roof rack. OME suspension upgrade with rear air bags.
Front/Rear ARB air lockers. 285/75/16R cooper ATR's running on black powder coated steel rims.Dual battery system with redarch isolator, under bonnet compressor.UHF radio installed in outback roof console.
Black widow storage system with fridge slide and centre divide.Sand Grabber floor mats and Black Duck canvas on the seats. AND ONE MT BANK BALLANCE!!!!!!

What mods are on the list to do?
9000 Lbs warne winch, third battery, long ranger fuel tank, 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent SS exhaust, twine under bonnet shower.

Why did you buy this vehicle?
live front axel was a must. It is really just and 80 series with a 105 body.
the GXL had a little more comfort for long trips. as I said above, it was a blank canvase with heaps of potential.

How often do you go offroad?
often.

What will your next vehicle be?
space shuttle!

Attachments

• cruiser 001.jpg
    cruiser 001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6108.JPG
    IMG_6108.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited: