Toyota Hilux 2014

Coyote

Toyota Hilux, 2014

Good Points
None yet has only done 300Km

Bad Points
It costs lot of $$$$ to bring it up to the standard of the old one
the front axle does not have unlocking hubs making it hard to drive in low range in 2WD (moving the trailer etc.)

What mods have you done?
E Lockers, Compressor, Bull bar, brush bars, side steps, LED light bars Light force HID driving lights, OH Console for UHF, sill and door edge protection, 2' lift, air bellows for the rear, Phone aerial, bash plates, front flares,

What mods are on the list to do?
Custom canopy on order, with drop boxes and draw, 9" screen and reverse cameras still to be fitted.
Pull out the back seat and fit shelves and the fridge / freezer
Fit proper LED Reverse lights

Why did you buy this vehicle?
Diesel and an opportunity to make it shorter than the last one

How often do you go offroad?
every couple of weeks

What will your next vehicle be?
no idea

Attachments

• 4-DSC06441.JPG
    4-DSC06441.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 178

Coyote

Thanks for that we are really excited now - we should pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Usual story everything costs more and takes more $$$ than you expect to get it right

LowLux

Hey Coyote. A couple of Q's if I can?

Did you put factory flares on the front and if not, which ones?

How easy/hard was it to put OH console in?

How much was the E-locker and did you put it in? Im looking at doing all 3 of the things I've just asked about as I think I have the rest covered.

Cheers

Coyote

No to the factory flares got the EGR ones
The E Lockers and OH Console were also fitted by Opposite lock at Redcliffe, one thing to look at with the OH Console is that the Bluetooth for the phone is mounted in the factory unit so remember to transfer that at the same time. otherwise you have very quiet conversations LOL

We opted for the console as we wanted a particular UHF (front mount speaker and rear plug for Mic - ran that down the pillar and back to the centre console so it would not hang off the roof.)

Hey Coyote. A couple of Q's if I can?

Did you put factory flares on the front and if not, which ones?

How easy/hard was it to put OH console in?

How much was the E-locker and did you put it in? Im looking at doing all 3 of the things I've just asked about as I think I have the rest covered.

Cheers

cactusfizzy61

hiya Coyote ,good name of bar in Thailand so my brother in law tells me, anyways , I have 4 year old son and did not think when buying my 2010 hilux , back seat is useless , not like cruiser can take a section out and use space.I tried getting a setup for seat and fridge space , but got told it it is illegal and no company has licence to change the back seat , its a safety issue and would void insurance in an accident ,what are your thoughts thanks

Coyote

hiya Coyote ,good name of bar in Thailand so my brother in law tells me, anyways , I have 4 year old son and did not think when buying my 2010 hilux , back seat is useless , not like cruiser can take a section out and use space.I tried getting a setup for seat and fridge space , but got told it it is illegal and no company has licence to change the back seat , its a safety issue and would void insurance in an accident ,what are your thoughts thanks

It only takes a mod plate to reduce the seating capacity, it is ADR Rules but the mod plates are issued by the individual states.

The same goes if you were ever to put the seats back in, needs to be replated.

Coyote

Some pics of the work in progress

With the LED and HID Lights on

the loan tray from "the Box thing" who are building our new custom canopy

air and electrical fittings

E Locker and front diff isolator switch , remote mounted mic for UHF

OH console with UHF

Coyote

Some more - ya know you always want more

The Switch gear for the lights and the trailer brakes

The rear of the cab, this is where my work starts, have taken the seat and belts out, and started marking out for the shelves and fridge/Freezer

Coyote

The shelves

You can just see the narrow edge near the window - this is to create a non slip paw spot for when our pups stick their nose out the window when going slowly
there is also a padded section at the side of the shelf so there is no gap between their bed and the door (when closed)

The Engel Fridge/Freezer mounted between the shelves and the pup beds, behind this is full length storage spots (floor, mid and top levels)
On the top of the fridge is a non slip surface as on of the pups like to be in the centre, it is our version of a dog on the tucker box

Trevor12

Love the idea of the air fitting might have to do it to mine, may I ask where you fitted the air compressor?

Coyote

Was going to put it near the fridge, but Opposite lock decided to fit it under the body, even made a bash plate for it - ran the air intake under the PS Seat