Toyota 79 Series Landcruiser. 2006

Joe

It's been a while since I've has anything done to the ute. Today I had a 3" exhaust system fitted from the turbo back. Has made a noticeable increase in power. The turbo whistles a lot louder now as well. Just waiting to see how much the fuel economy improves. So far I'm very happy with it.

Joe

It seems to spool up a little quicker. The immediate things I noticed was the extra power, and that the system is actually really quiet.

Towie

Going well man that engine should drop to idle faster now to. They tend to hang a wee bit but the zuast should see it drop instantly from past experience..

Joe

I'll have to pay attention to that one Towie. I have notice a big improvement in fuel economy so far. Only on the first tank since getting the system fitted. The cat converter on the original system being blocked might have been part of the problem.

Towie

Yeh it does you can fix it with a tooth pick believe it or not i will try to find some pics.
A tooth pic in the actuator airline will prevent it from open/closing i may well have the terminology wrong but i do recall doing it on mine...

I will find it for you

Joe

Thanks Bomber, i's taken a few years. But it is coming along.

Thanks Towie, I'll have to have a read of it properly later.

KMM4x4

Excellent at you a car! At us on open spaces of Russia pickups enjoy popularity long ago. Because cars universal.

Joe

It looks like the fuel economy has improved quite noticeably. From 13.5lt/100kms before the exhaust was fitted, down to 12.3lt/100kms after fitting the system. Happy with the results so far.