Toyota 76 series Landcruiser 2008

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well few photos to show off the build. Got my antenna situation some what sorted. A cradle for mobile with antenna port. My awning mounted and now my new bling thanks to RTA.
Figured that rego in nsw is so much more than what I'm used to in vic, what's an extra $90 a year on on plates.
eby2a5ag.jpg

3u2a4ura.jpg

Cavsarge

As much as I am happy with the lux I must say that thiat is a nice truck and when my lease is up, if the OC home front allows it of course, I might have to get into one of these !!

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I don't think you'll regret it if you decide to update. Presuming your looking for a no nonsense honest proper 4wd anyway!

BTFIVO

Awesome rig.!!! I so wish for one. :-D I couldn't find any used on carsales.com at the time. $80k ordered new. I hope Toyota brings out a coil-rear model like the 105 series and Patrol ST etc. :-D

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
hmmm, so as some may know, I've sadly been in an accident with my pride and joy. Long story short, bad conditions on gravel road, got caught out, truck ended up on passenger side.

No one was hurt, My girl wasn't particularly happy having her window smash and climbing out, but no one hurt. Lucky there.
Thanks to another member and his ALDI winch, Snatch block on tree, we quickly recovered vehicle right side up, Drove it to a near by friend of a friends mums farm where tow truck collected it few days later.

Smash repairers first gut feeling is they'll fix it. He didn't seem so confident today (one week in) when I spoke to him. It now comes down to what the insurance assessors thoughts are, hopefully get yay or nah by end of week.

So worst case scenario, I'll be in market for another 76 series! So keep your ear out!

Knowing what I know, and worst case scenario of car being written off, I think I may consider buying a workmate, and doing that up.
I'm not a huge fan of the carpet and cloth seats as I do spend so much time being a grub out bush. SO thinking I may spend 10g less, then spend 10g on aftermarket lockers and wheels, flares etc.

Look there is still a chance I'll get my baby back, just thinking out loud! I'd hate to see me have to close this thread!

Fingers crossed for next few days and see where I end up!

BTFIVO

So sorry to hear mate. But at least no one was hurt, amazingly not even the passenger, considering.

I'm sure the repair/insurance gods put another "baby" back in its place ;)

Last edited:

80lover96gxl

Hope it works out for ya gavo and you get your baby back soon.
The important thing is no one was hurt in the misshap and no other vehicles involved.
Fingers crossed for ya.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

03hilux

hmmm, so as some may know, I've sadly been in an accident with my pride and joy. Long story short, bad conditions on gravel road, got caught out, truck ended up on passenger side.

No one was hurt, My girl wasn't particularly happy having her window smash and climbing out, but no one hurt. Lucky there.
Thanks to another member and his ALDI winch, Snatch block on tree, we quickly recovered vehicle right side up, Drove it to a near by friend of a friends mums farm where tow truck collected it few days later.

Smash repairers first gut feeling is they'll fix it. He didn't seem so confident today (one week in) when I spoke to him. It now comes down to what the insurance assessors thoughts are, hopefully get yay or nah by end of week.

So worst case scenario, I'll be in market for another 76 series! So keep your ear out!

Knowing what I know, and worst case scenario of car being written off, I think I may consider buying a workmate, and doing that up.
I'm not a huge fan of the carpet and cloth seats as I do spend so much time being a grub out bush. SO thinking I may spend 10g less, then spend 10g on aftermarket lockers and wheels, flares etc.

Look there is still a chance I'll get my baby back, just thinking out loud! I'd hate to see me have to close this thread!

Fingers crossed for next few days and see where I end up!

I can hear your sorrow in your post mate.

Did you bend the A, B or C pillars?

Fingers crossed that its repairable. It would be sad to see a nice truck written off prematurely.

If its written of, will the insurance co. allow you to take anything off it? Or is it a case of once its written off, it theirs?

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Chick wasn't super clear. But what I understand is I'm free to take accessories they'll just take the market value cost of them off final pay out. Or something like that.
Time will tell I guess. I'd love my rear bar and rock sliders.

prawns

At least nobody was hurt mate as you said, hopefully it swings your way with repairs as I know how you loved your rig

I have a few photos of your rig from the last run here mate, if you click them, and then click the magnifying glass a couple times you can get them fullsize - incase they are the last ones I suppose :(

All the best mate

03hilux

Chick wasn't super clear. But what I understand is I'm free to take accessories they'll just take the market value cost of them off final pay out. Or something like that.
Time will tell I guess. I'd love my rear bar and rock sliders.

Will the RTA hold your number plates for you?

Yeah, the bar and rocksliders for sure. What about the wheels/tyres. They weren't that old were they?

Oh and your center console with cupholders.:D
Just incase you get another one.

Toddyh

Good luck Gavo. Poor leash wasn't very happy after but i suppose a window smashing next to your head and chainsaw landing on it will do that. Like others have said just glad no one was hurt.

Grumpy

Hey Gavo any pics of the damage, it would be interesting to know just how much is needed before they (insurance companies) start thinking about writing one of these off. Cheers

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I shall post some photos as soon as all is sorted with insurance Grumpy, looks like assessor will be out to make a decision on Tuesday!

03hilux

I shall post some photos as soon as all is sorted with insurance Grumpy, looks like assessor will be out to make a decision on Tuesday!

So you have to wait another week for a verdict? Hope that goes quick for you Gav.

Ive heard that the repair bill has to be more than at least 75% of the market value before they write things off.

Last edited:

Toddyh

Ive heard that the repair bill has to be more than at least 75% of the market value before they write things off.

That figure varies depending on how much the vehicle is worth as parts and the price of scrap at the time. Usually 75% is about the starting point though.