Toyota 76 series GXL wagon 2010

bush buddy

Hi bush Buddy i have one as well done 30.000 now only 14 months old. LOVE it tons a grunt as you say. similar extras have lockers as well . As my daily drive i'm getting 13.5.. With off road camper (off road and sand) and a fair amount of right foot i got up to 17.6, i'm happy with that ... I've done extensive high country, big and little deserts , robe-beachport-cobar -lerderderg- ... May catch you out there 4x4nosrub

Great to hear you are loving the 76 mate. Mine now done 80,000 recently did Fraser etc towing camper and it was great.

bush buddy

Andre,

I've been driving my 76 series since December and I absolutely love it!
I haven't done any suspension upgrades, still using original tyres and to be honest, departure angle havent really been a problem so far.

Could you share what model/size 2nd battery are you using and where you installed it please? A picture would be nice too.
I have a 2nd battery on my list, but looks like there's not too much space under the bonnet for a battery of a decent size.

Best Regards,
Leggator.

Hi Leggator, I have a Optima D27M bluetop battery installed in an ARB battery tray with the Autron battery management system, have never had any issues with either. Cheers, Andre.

akin

Still liking your truck seriously considering trading in my Patrol for one of these....

Also what is your real world milage ?

Cheers

bush buddy

Still liking your truck seriously considering trading in my Patrol for one of these....

Also what is your real world milage ?

Cheers

Without the camper I average about 10 - 11 liters per 100 km, sometimes as low as 9, Worst it has ever got was Melb to Fraser Island trip when it was fully loaded, towing the camper, loaded roof rack / bag , fair bit of 110 km/h driving where it averaged 15.2 including the driving on Fraser for 4 days. I had a 3 liter GU prior to this and find I get better economy out of this. Its fantastic when you sit on around 90 or 95 but does get a bit thirstier sitting on 110.
Overall very happy with it.

vxcruiser08

G'day Mate,

Love your 76 Wagon! Looking for one myself. The only concern I have is the harshness of ride on the road and overall comfort. I do a fair few kms as i live on a farm out of town and have a son back in the big city so i am doing quite a few kms.

How did you find the ride after the OME lift compared to stock? I suppose it would be quite stiff with no load in the rear? Is it quite rough and skippy over corrugations on the outback tracks?

Interested to hear your thoughts mate! I'll be using it for some outback travel and occasional farm work, towing etc.

Matt

bush buddy

Hi Matt, I have mucked around a bit to get to the current set-up, including going to the 400 kg springs from the 250kg ones that were initially fitted, also wasn't too happy with the first set off OME front springs as it sat up very high and was pretty firm, have since changed them and happy with the current set up. As for comfort, its OK. I will end up doing a bit more sound deadning and definitely needs a higher console that you could rest your left elbow on. The cruise has made the long drives a lot nicer. Don't get me wrong its certainly not the most comfortable 4wd around BUT is the only one out there that ticked all the boxes for me.

Looked at a second hand 4.2 liter patrol but they all wanted drug money for them and they are secondhand and getting on a bit, 100 series 4.2 was the same. As for new looked at a defender but underpowered, uncomfortable and primitive, jeep wrangler too small and not that confident in the build quality, had a Patrol and found the 3 liter under powered and didn't feel confident that it would go the distance, 200 series seems just too big for the tighter tracks around the high country. The 76 seems like the only choice. If they would bring one out with coils in the rear with an auto option it would be pretty close to perfect :)

akin

Without the camper I average about 10 - 11 liters per 100 km, sometimes as low as 9, Worst it has ever got was Melb to Fraser Island trip when it was fully loaded, towing the camper, loaded roof rack / bag , fair bit of 110 km/h driving where it averaged 15.2 including the driving on Fraser for 4 days. I had a 3 liter GU prior to this and find I get better economy out of this. Its fantastic when you sit on around 90 or 95 but does get a bit thirstier sitting on 110.
Overall very happy with it.

Thanks for your post pretty well made up my mind and come may-june ish next will look at a 76 and trade the 05 Patrol in shame as I have kitted it up pretty well but such is life.

Cheers

akin

Thanks for your post pretty well made up my mind and come may-june ish next will look at a 76 and trade the 05 Patrol in shame as I have kitted it up pretty well but such is life.

Cheers

Well bit the bullet and Bought a 76 series pretty stock at the monent but have a heap of stuff ordered and man is this V8 nice to drive....

bush buddy

Well bit the bullet and Bought a 76 series pretty stock at the monent but have a heap of stuff ordered and man is this V8 nice to drive....

Well Congratulations on your new arrival! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

4x4nosrub

Welcome to the club , you will love it off road . When you put a lift in it the ride gets softer as well . Catch you out there ..

akin

Thanks guys

The mods have started.....

Got my spotties wired and working
Ordered Carling switched and mounting plate with POD
Rear drawers installed
Cargo Barrier to suit and fridge slide installed
New Rims Black Sunny and Kuhmo muddies being fitted as we speak
Booked in for Front and rear Air Lockers early January
Picked up a Long Ranger tank for $440 second hand need to get that installed

Finish off the surface rust removal and sealing of my old roof rack so I can chuck that on

Building up some electrical supply's to mount a fuse box in the rear and mount all sorts of crap back there including my Boss Compressor.

Lots of LED lighting to be thought out and done....a busy Xmas for me.

Cheers

4x4nosrub

Not mucking about ,sounds great. Good catch with the tank saved a few bob. Glad to see you put lockers in ,i drove for a while with out them and was pretty average in the big wheel travel spots ,but with them just crawls everything no need to try and blast your way up. All the best i'm sure you will love it .

GSPVUCKO

Not mucking about ,sounds great. Good catch with the tank saved a few bob. Glad to see you put lockers in ,i drove for a while with out them and was pretty average in the big wheel travel spots ,but with them just crawls everything no need to try and blast your way up. All the best i'm sure you will love it .

Has the 76 still git the oil problem????????????looking at getting a 2012 76.

GSPVUCKO

Mine used a bit of oil up until about 30,000, all good now and have done 90,000K. I do service every 5000. Cheers.

Thanks for letting me know as i really want one a.s.a.p

where did you get your roof rack from?

Do you have toyota diff locks if so are they any good?

GSP

bush buddy

Thanks for letting me know as i really want one a.s.a.p

where did you get your roof rack from?

Do you have toyota diff locks if so are they any good?

GSP

The roofrack is from Tradesman engineering from Bayswater, its alloy. I got the factory lockers as i had a few issues with the ARB locker in my previous GU patrol (doing o ring and pumping oil back out twice). And i liked the idea of factory warranty. Pretty sure the new model GXL comes standard with lockers (option on workmate). Cheers.

GSPVUCKO

The roofrack is from Tradesman engineering from Bayswater, its alloy. I got the factory lockers as i had a few issues with the ARB locker in my previous GU patrol (doing o ring and pumping oil back out twice). And i liked the idea of factory warranty. Pretty sure the new model GXL comes standard with lockers (option on workmate). Cheers.

Thanks for the info.

Regards
GSP:eek: