Toyota 75 series landcruiser (cab chassis) 1985

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just got to wait till i sell more stuff off the 4wd. Coz what i sell becomes funding for the project.

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
The GU diffs sitting under the 75
2011-11-14183107.jpg

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Damn crazy weather flodded my shed again! 2nd time in 2 weeks which has set me back a bit. The bloke still needs to pick up the spring over, as soon as he does ill be ordering all the coilover suspension and making all the links. But wont be all goin together till maybe christmas time. So far still havnt spent a cent on this yet. :)

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
2011-12-15200338.jpg

Got half my coilovers :D

2.5" shock, 12" travel, remore resiviors, 22mm rod. Rears are 14" travel but yet to get them.

Last edited:

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
A guard chop is definatly on the cards! Perhaps make a diffrent set of guards similar to a 45 series to cover those tyres

2011-12-18193401-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
The rear coilovers havnt arrived yet :( they wernt in the last container but hopfuly they arrive in this container due next week. Just my luck!

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Been playing with figures for the rear 4 link setup. This is the best setup i got using standard length control arms and sticking with only 3" lift

4link.jpg

now just to finish landscaping the front yard and i can make a start :)

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Iv been playing with mounting up a GU power steering box. its twice the size so lets hope its twice as strong and twice as powerful. i have to get the position right before i make a start on the coilover hoops and panhard mount. not sure how long the g-clamp will last in the bush haha :D

2012-02-14202928.jpg

monk2

you scrapped the hole project sugar mate what happened, something went wrong or are you now hanging out dippers ?? a lot of work, time, love, sweet and tears went into that project sorry to hear its stopped for you it was truely the ants pants of rigs
mate still got me old 62 series had it now for about 14 years and a rust free body so far all the best with a new project when it comes along

a1bert

There was some one in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne near the Dandenongs hand building a custom Willys Jeep, who was posting on another now defunct site, turned out to be their most watched post
Last i read he was putting the body onto the chassis, often wonder how that was progressing as it is well over a year ago
He used to document his build at least every month and was doing amazing stuff that was a work of art
ps, for some reason think he was of Dutch descend ency??
Any body any clues?