Tough dog suspension

Donx

i got mine from Gipsland offroad a couple of months ago, been at high country for a few times, seems to me very good. you can ask Elise from this site, i am sure she will be happy to help you.

LowLux

I saw how Donx used his in the High Country and I have to say, he put it through some tough stuff. Good to hear it is treating you well Donx.

rickgq

good good no complaints from me, there good with warranty to, ive squished the plastic dust covers a couple of times and they keep replacing them for free!

8UFF35T

Two of mined leaked, but the warranty coverd all that in a ease. A very good shock indeed with a trusted brand.

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ive got the 45mm adjustable big bore and havnt had a prob so far. ive given them a decent work out over slow paced rough stuff, not ruts at this stage.
Ive heard issues of leaking and the adjustment valve sticking, but like i said, for me no probs.

InSanE

They are the shittest damn suspension ever made! stay far away from anything tuffdog their shocks are rubbish and leak or fail prematurely and for similar money you can get EFS gear that is far superior rides nicer better built and will last you a heck of allot longer.

Pure Yobbo

Once again horses for courses. This gear is pretty expensive - often you can get more bang for your buck shopping around. Chat to Zordo on the forum or another independant dealer they are normaly pretty honest.

croozza

I have EFS and many others have EFS and have never heard a bad word about them nor heard of any warranty claims. Much better than RUFF DOG sorry tuff dog.

8UFF35T

I have EFS and many others have EFS and have never heard a bad word about them nor heard of any warranty claims. Much better than RUFF DOG sorry tuff dog.

I second that, EFS shocks and springs can never go wrong. My brother had efs shocks and springs for more than 4years or so and not a problem.

BGH

have pretty much all tough dog gear except for shocks which are about to change to TG......i cant fault the gear. been very good to me !

BGH

ZORDO

Toughdog shocks are good gear. [ they did have some problems in the early days]
EFS is also good gear.
You need to decide whether you want adjustable or not.
EfS is cheaper.
Cheers

cptmud

I have used quite a few different brands over the years, and if you look hard enough, you will find faults with any suspension system. It all comes down to your application needs and how much you want to spend.

rj1952

Have to say that after 30000 km from Arkaroola, Diamantina NP, to Cape Tribulation and beyond, and more recently out to Lake Eyre via Painted Range, and most of it towing our 1.8 tonne camper - trailer, our Opposite Lock installed Tough Dog coils and foam shockers have performed faultless. No leaks, no obvious sagging, and very evident bounce control.
It was all that was available as a package when I was looking, but have not regretted decision.

garry r

Ive done 35,000k's mainyl desert and outback driving, and at this stage all is good using toughe dog. My only issue was rear springs being a little soft for my liking but that was my stuff-up, no fault of the product, and an extra leaf sorted out that. We stop every 2-3 hrs for a break and this lets the shocks cool down after a rough road condition or a warm day. You can feel when the shocks are getting too hot, as the dampening and rebound begin to fade away slightly.