tom grogin advice

lars cordes

hey all, am looking at doing a trip with my young bloke up to tom grogin from benambra via mt pinnibar in the next week or so, just after any general advice/info esp re track standard & esp crossing the murray at tom grogin ... thanks in anticipation

mikehzz

I was there a few months ago and the crossing was blocked on the NSW side with big concrete blocks. Maybe ring Khancoban NP office for info if they've been moved.

red99td5

I believe the whole northern section of the vic high country is closed after the fires last year, definitely Mt Pinibar is closed

boobook

I believe the whole northern section of the vic high country is closed after the fires last year, definitely Mt Pinibar is closed
Thanks red99td5, that is good information, I'm planning to go up there and didn't realise so much was still closed.

barcher

Concrete block and gate locked at Tom Groggin a few weeks ago.
Went for a drive on Mt Elliot ridge track a week ago, it was open, but most tracks running off it were closed.

hiluxxury

I was at the tom groggin camp crossing on the weekend, the concrete was still there. As per the parks vic advise above, the area around Tom Groggin station is closed due to the fires.

aids84

We were able to get from Benambra to Tom Groggin via Limestone Creek and Davies Plain track last month. We rang the ranger down there before we went and he confirmed Davies Plain was open.

lars cordes

We were able to get from Benambra to Tom Groggin via Limestone Creek and Davies Plain track last month. We rang the ranger down there before we went and he confirmed Davies Plain was open.
cheers aids84, roughly how long did it take u from benambra to tom grogin, how was the track ?

aids84

I reckon if you gave yourself half a day you'd have plenty of time to stop and smell the roses. Track was rough but not too technical, you'd be descending the trickiest hills driving in that direction.